So how's the soak test??

maxwellag

Reaction score
I didn't get picked for the soak test, and wanted to know how it is going for those of you who did get picked... are there any bugs that you notice? I know that almost all you who are downloading it aren't done yet...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

Ryujin13

Reaction score
Still downloading....only at 39% after an hour while connected wifi

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
M

maxwellag

Reaction score
Still downloading....only at 39% after an hour while connected wifi

Oh. Well that's understandable, as the file it has to download is huge... when its done please reply to this. Thanks

jojoferari

Reaction score
Downloaded and remarkably the same... but not rooted. Lol

OP
M

maxwellag

Reaction score
I really can't wait for gingerbread. The thing im looking forward to most about it is the sleep mode. I hate waiting for it to turn on when I need to use it at school.

warped1987

Reaction score
Absolutely loving it.

Only thing I want to know now is rooting. Can Z4 work on it or are we going to have to root another way? That D3 method I keep hearing about but know nothing about.

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
Absolutely loving it.

Only thing I want to know now is rooting. Can Z4 work on it or are we going to have to root another way? That D3 method I keep hearing about but know nothing about.

If I'm correct z4 is for froyo(2.2) only.
I can't wait for a stable cm7 rom with the gb files.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Let me rephrase:

You've just asked, “Can z4root which was made ONLY for Android 2.2 FroYo and ONLY works on certain Android 2.2 builds, work on Android 2.3 Gingerbread?”

D3 method works.

Ryujin13

Reaction score
Overall the update is nice, wish I could change the menu colors back to black but oh well...

hradek422

Reaction score
I'm loving it. Just noticed my update request about an hour ago. It changed the white M at startup to red. That threw me off. I haven't noticed any bugs with it. I agree with Ryujin13 on the whole changing menu color back to black, but it's not a big deal. The notification bar looks WAY more sleek. I hate the dock bar though. I wish you could change the icons without having a home replacement screen. I'll post if I find any bugs.

JoeHockey

Reaction score
So will I see an update on my d2g which has the "leaked" GB on it or is this update the same version?

americanz

Reaction score
Absolutely loving it.

only way as of right now to root gb

[ROOT] Droid 3 root instructions (One Click added for Windows/ Linux/ OSX)se this file

MotorolaOneClickRoot_psouza4.zip
e
asy a cake takes about 5 min

only problem with rooting is as of right now no way back. no sbf, no unroot.​

americanz

Reaction score
As of right now there is no sbf to ota gb. you can sbf back to froyo and hope you can get the ota soak again. but i dont think you can. you will have to wait until the official ota gb is out.

Ryujin13

Reaction score
I'm loving it. Just noticed my update request about an hour ago. It changed the white M at startup to red. That threw me off. I haven't noticed any bugs with it. I agree with Ryujin13 on the whole changing menu color back to black, but it's not a big deal. The notification bar looks WAY more sleek. I hate the dock bar though. I wish you could change the icons without having a home replacement screen. I'll post if I find any bugs.

Have to agree about the dock, we should be able to change the icons there if we want