Soak test or official ota??

Caesars

Reaction score
I'm guessing its the version that will be released to the masses, maybe some minor updates in a few weeks/months?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
The answer is right in the email provided by 1coopgt. They will start evaluating the soak test surveys after mid day tomorrow, and make a go/no go decision. If it's a go, then yes, .211 will be the official OTA. If it's a no go, it's back to the drawing board. The people on .211 from the soak test will likely be provided a different OTA than the people who didn't get .211 once a version IS approved.

So, short answer is simple - no one knows yet if .211 will be official, that is up to Motorola's people. If they give it a go, it will probably push very shortly after, and probably be pullable within an hour.

m3incorp

Reaction score
I have to ask why it is so important to you if .211 is the official roll-out version? If you can wait a few days, you will have your answer. Also, when the poster stated about the survey, you were quick to question his post. You unfortunately was not included in the soak test, so don't assume that those that are involved in it are wrong from what they are posting. Motorola asked that information be kept confidential for those involved in the soak test, so be glad that you are hearing anything about it. :biggrin:

I think you missed the point. .211 is likely the official roll-out version, and yes, there was clearly a multitude of postings mentioning it, and it is apparently still an ongoing soak.

For the record, I am not aware of one other than you indicating any survey having been sent yet. Had there been a survey, that would mean the soak is over, and the Motorola's Private Forums would be closed. Again, there have been no posts by anyone else to confirm this, and if it had been closed there would likely be a barrage of news from those soak members as they would now be out of their confidentiality agreement.

If you believe you have proof of your claim, how about posting a screen shot of the survey?

ripper2860

Reaction score
Hate to tell you both this . It was a soak test . I was part of it. I just received the final survey about the soak test . ICS works great . Hopefully it should be out for everyone soon .

Ditto

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I think this has been clarified and accepted as so.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Ok, you all with the final soak email, get that thing filled out so we all can get some ice cream. We are all drooling seeing it just before our reach. Some are even frothing, lol!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Lol, I think depending on the results, it may go live tonight or tomorrow.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I think you are right! These ICS threads are going to be lit up like a 100' Christmas tree.

William_04_x

Reaction score
94lt1 said:
Lol, I think depending on the results, it may go live tonight or tomorrow.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Agreed. Its that close.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

OP
Exalted911

Exalted911

Reaction score
So it appears it was a soak test. it still does not explain how so many people got the ota. even people that were not registered to be soak testers.
regardless 211 is very stable and without any major bugs, so hopefully the rest of the masses will get ics soon.
It would of been sad if 211 had major problems, people that were soak testers would of been stuck there with no way to get back to gingerbread until they would of fixed the issues.

1coopgt

Reaction score
So it appears it was a soak test. it still does not explain how so many people got the ota. even people that were not registered to be soak testers.
regardless 211 is very stable and without any major bugs, so hopefully the rest of the masses will get ics soon.
It would of been sad if 211 had major problems, people that were soak testers would of been stuck there with no way to get back to gingerbread until they would of fixed the issues.

The soak test went out to 20,000 people . Anyone after that got it by other means .

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
1coopgt said:
Hate to tell you both this . It was a soak test . I was part of it. I just received the final survey about the soak test . ICS works great . Hopefully it should be out for everyone soon .

My sister received it Friday. She's not part of the soak and has no clue what the MFN is :)

If this isn't official then somebody botched up this roll out. It looks like in addition to "regular " people receiving the update they hit the people such as yourself to get actual feedback aka soak.

That's the only logical explanation.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
It has been discussed at length how Some who got the update knew they were getting it (Soak) some got it OTA had no idea and then a third group who forced the download.
In that knowlege based on hindsight - no answers.
I do notice most of the complaints about problems were those who forced.