SNesoid help?

Reaction score
I just paid for and downloaded SNesoid. However, when I try to install it, I have absolutely no idea what I am doing. The first step is to select a ROM, with the options being Android, data, DCIM, download, glogs, LOST.DIR, media, openfeint, rosie_scroll, slacker, vault, and zedge.

If someone would be kind enough as to help me figure out exactly what I need to do here, I would be most appreciative!

(I have an Incredible 2, btw.)

boddah

Reaction score
Sounds like it's opening at the root of your SD card. You will need copies of SNES roms, there's lots of places to get them. Put them in a folder, I called mine ROMS, on your SD card, then browse to said folder and pick an SNES game to play.

OP
C
Reaction score
Sounds like it's opening at the root of your SD card. You will need copies of SNES roms, there's lots of places to get them. Put them in a folder, I called mine ROMS, on your SD card, then browse to said folder and pick an SNES game to play.

I'm not sure how to do any of that -- haha! (My apologies for being completely ignorant, not to mention technically illiterate.) Regarding the SNES roms, can you get them through market, or do you have to get them from somewhere else, i.e. the internet?

Is it such that once the rom from either Market or the internet is saved that I can just open that file and play?

Snow02

Reaction score
Google should help you find roms very quickly.

OP
C
Reaction score
Help ...

Ok so - I tried downloading a Super Mario World for SNESOID rom to my phone from the internet today. It downloaded, but when I tried to open, it said the rom was not supported. I have no idea what's going on ...

boddah

Reaction score
Ok so - I tried downloading a Super Mario World for SNESOID rom to my phone from the internet today. It downloaded, but when I tried to open, it said the rom was not supported. I have no idea what's going on ...

Could be a bad download, maybe try a different source. Did you unzip the rom first?