SNESoid keyboard setup...

mjweier

Reaction score
So I am a proud new owner of a Droid today considering I traded my old blackberry tour for one earlier today with another person who owned a droid.

I just got SNESoid on my phone and currently have mario all stars on there, and also just downloaded chrono trigger.

I was wondering if anyone had any tips on keyboard setup that would make it easier? I find platform games to be kind of a hassle, and hoping that chrono trigger will be a bit better for playability.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Elysian

Reaction score
My setup uses the A W D and Z keys for the arrows, and the I O L K for the ABXY buttons. Works very well for me. Nesoid is the same way, though only L and K for A and B. I also use the Q, E, Shift, and X button for the diagonals.

OP
M

mjweier

Reaction score
that sounds like a pretty good setup! I just setup mine and used the a, w, d, z (left, up, right, down) and the q, e, x, and left shift (for up-left, up-right, down-right, down-left) and then I used the d-pad left, up, right, down (for Y, X, A, B).

It seems to work fairly well, but I might have to try your setup seeing as I'm not too fond of the d-pad for the control.

Elysian

Reaction score
that sounds like a pretty good setup! I just setup mine and used the a, w, d, z (left, up, right, down) and the q, e, x, and left shift (for up-left, up-right, down-right, down-left) and then I used the d-pad left, up, right, down (for Y, X, A, B).

It seems to work fairly well, but I might have to try your setup seeing as I'm not too fond of the d-pad for the control.

Yeah, I found the D-Pad is worthless, you can't really feel it, where I can easily feel the keys under my fingers.