Snapshot camera bug - help?

sandu92

Reaction score
Hi guys. I've just registered to this forum in the hope of find a solution to my problem.
So this is the problem:
If I register videos, the various resolutions (HD+, HD, DVD etc) work fine. When I want to take photos the camera is locked on the DVD option (I guess it's DVD from the quality I can notice). It doesn't matter if I go into settings and switch it, my actions will only change the setting but there won't be any real changes.

Some of my phone info:
Model number: XT910
System version 672.180.41.XT910.Retail.en.EU
Android version 4.0.4

Now recently I've rooted it and removed some annoying apps like BILD, Kindle, Zinio, 7music etc (which were system apps that operators force me to have).
Could that in some way damage the system?

I really want to take again awesome photos like I did with the normal RAZR before!
Thanks to everyone who can give a help. :)

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Kindle annoying? Oh kay,,,,

If you have removed the wrong app then yes it can cause problems.
Like a shared driver or an app that is used by other apps.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
sandu92 said:
Hi guys. I've just registered to this forum in the hope of find a solution to my problem.
So this is the problem:
If I register videos, the various resolutions (HD+, HD, DVD etc) work fine. When I want to take photos the camera is locked on the DVD option (I guess it's DVD from the quality I can notice). It doesn't matter if I go into settings and switch it, my actions will only change the setting but there won't be any real changes.

Some of my phone info:
Model number: XT910
System version 672.180.41.XT910.Retail.en.EU
Android version 4.0.4

Now recently I've rooted it and removed some annoying apps like BILD, Kindle, Zinio, 7music etc (which were system apps that operators force me to have).
Could that in some way damage the system?

I really want to take again awesome photos like I did with the normal RAZR before!
Thanks to everyone who can give a help. :)

Hi sandu! Welcome to the forum! One of the things you can do is unfreeze the apps you removed to see if that helps. With ICS you can actually go into the app manger, all apps and disable the apps you don't want. This is a good place to start because you are only able to disable apps that are safe to disable.

All that being said, it may not have any affect on your camera. I think the stock camera that came with the phone is very limited so I never use it. And that may be your only problem. Try different camera apps. My favorites are camera ICS, camera ZOOM FX, and HDR camera. See if one of those apps will give you better luck.

OP
sandu92

sandu92

Reaction score
Ok thanks guys for talking to me about this. I just noticed that there's nothing I can do, the phone was just built like that. :)
This thread can be closed.