SMS Time Stamp Incorrect

hbniner

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'm using Handcent SMS for my default sms app. When I receive a text message, the time stamp is correct. I don't care for the Handcent widget, so I've been using the Pure Messenger Widget (scrollable) and the LauncherPlus Pro messaging widget. What's weird is that the PM and LP widget time stamp is 8 hours behind my local time. I know it's not a setting in Handcent because the time stamp is correct.

I can't find anything wrong with the time settings in PM or LP. As a test, I tried the Facebook widget for PM and LP and the time stamps are correct.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
have you updated to 2.2.1 (2.3.340)? It has a bug fix for this. Check menu>settings>about phone>system update

OP
H

hbniner

Reaction score
Yes. I did the OTA update. I also removed the PM and LP widgets, did a battery pull and added the widgets back. The time stamp for both are still 8 hours behind my local time.

I did add the Facebook and Twitter widgets for PM and LP as a test and the time stamps are correct. I also added the call log feature to the widget and the time stamps are correct. The 8 hour time difference is only affecting sms.

guest00459

Reaction score
Mine was the exact same way after flashing a rom. I just fiddled with the offset until it was correct. Much more hit or miss than the above poster's technique!

B

Nickvital1

Reaction score
My directions came straight from the developer... Can't get any more official.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

guest00459

Reaction score
I know right? I always like to say at least something if I've experienced a similar problem. But in this case its not as official!

All the best
B

OP
H

hbniner

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you're able to disable the stock missed call notification from Menu -> Settings. You may have to be rooted to do that.

I do use the messaging widget from LauncherPro Plus and missed calls do show up so it seems to work in conjuntion with the stock Android missed call notification. I also know that Pure Messenger works the same way.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.