SMS Question

KSR

Reaction score
Hello, Droid Forums. It's 17 again, with a quick question.
Well I do have the Motorola Droid and I do a large amount of texting, so I came up with a question about the pre-installed "Messaging" app. When you text somebody, it'll show their name and a number in parentheses; EX John (16) in which the "16" displays the number of messages in the current conversation. I was wondering if there is a way to make that portion of the conversation's title invisible? I'd like for it to only show the person's name. Is this possible? =)

droidemere

Reaction score
If you download the messaging app handcent, there is an option where you can hide the message count I believe. It's better than the stock messaging app, a lot of customizing.

OP
K

KSR

Reaction score
I downloaded the Handcent as you said and it's already alot better than the original SMS app. Sadly, I still cannot figure out how to hide the message count on Handcent, does anybody know how to hide the message count?

Tepee

Reaction score
List / Settings / Custom Style / Conversation list settings / Hide messages counter (scroll down)

OP
K

KSR

Reaction score
Alright, thank you so much. So far Handcent is serving me alot better better. =D