SMS Notificatoin Stuck/Won't Change

kujayhawks42

Reaction score
I recently installed tone picker and choose a song as my notification ringtone. I decided I didnt like the app, and uninstalled it. My notification is still the song I selected with the app and it wont change back, I've reinstalled the program and tried changing it with Mabilo Ringtone and that doesnt work either. Any suggestions?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Have you rebooted your droid?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did the app you used initially save the song to your SD card? If so I'd locate it and delete it.
I'm not big on the Ringtone apps, unless your searching for sounds, because any music you can just drop into a folder on your SD card and they become available. (ie 'ringtones' & 'notifications')

OP
K

kujayhawks42

Reaction score
Tried rebooting, didnt work. Tried looking through the SD card, didnt see any folders titled ringtones, notifications, etc. When I plugged in the USB cable although, it played the notification that I wanted, not the full song...

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
is the old notification (the one you no longer want) still in the list of choices for when you select a ringtone?

OP
K

kujayhawks42

Reaction score
Nope, I installed handcent and that fixed it, but I didnt like the app so I removed it and the old ringtone came back.

Smitty

Reaction score
Just a thought, I had a similar experience with a music app. Once I uninstalled it I found the folder was still on the SD card. Deleted the folder, and I found a few of the songs were in the folder Download on the SD card, might take a look and see if the song you're looking for has been saved there.

OP
K

kujayhawks42

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help, it seemed to fix on its own, no clue how. Must have been a combination of random things I tried. I appreciate the fast replies

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help, it seemed to fix on its own, no clue how. Must have been a combination of random things I tried. I appreciate the fast replies
No problem. As the poster above you pointed out, sometimes an app will create a directory on your SD card and when you uninstall the app it doesn't delete the SD card folder.