SMS Message issue

Switchback

Reaction score
Well my droid force closed on my dialer earlier so I wasnt able to see who called. But still receive calls. Then since that issue, I havent received any Text messages, I have battery pulled and still nothing, I havent added any new apps in like a week or two.

It also deleted all stored messages (even locked), that was the second time the phone did that. I really love my phone, but these little bugs are getting very annoying.

I am using default SMS MMS app.

Please help

branabolic

Reaction score
Similar issue, but mine isn't sendin a lot of messages even when it says it is. I can deal with other bugs, but this is unacceptable

jaysonstaurt

Reaction score
For whatever reason it appears sending texts and MMS seem to have their issues with this phone, when IMO it should be one of the easiest functions it performs.

branabolic

Reaction score
so has anyone else had the issue of sending a message, your phone saying it sent, but you know for sure that the recipient never got it.

biglipps66

Reaction score
I use Handcet and dont have any problems sending.. however.. I DO have issues receiving txts late inside my building here.. This was NOT an issue on my ENV3 either. This is a pretty crappy problem in general since most cell people these days just text instead. Hopefully this gets better or Ill be finding another phone.

OP
Switchback

Switchback

Reaction score
Have you guys tried Handcent?

I used handcent, however that wouldnt fix the issue since it is the messages directory that gets removed, so it would affect Handcent as well.

Also you cant lock messages with Handcent..

OP
Switchback

Switchback

Reaction score
For my original issue, the phone is back to normal, however I am not sure how long that will last, I currently have no apps besides the default. I believe my issue pertains to the operating system itself.

Xerozix

Reaction score
OK, well while using handcent, it'll tell me how many messages sent, for example it'll say 83 messages sent at the bottom in a conversation, while there are only 5 or so in the actual conversation because the rest were lost.

cisco0910

Reaction score
Before I downloaded google voice app when you go to your contact then on the contacts cell phone number it'll give you two options. Click on phone icon to call or click on messaging icon to text. Well before when I clicked on the messaging icon it'll default to go to handcent which is what I want. Now it automatically goes to google voice sms How do I switch it the way I want?

Olivia

Reaction score
I'm not receiving any text! I just got my Droid today and everything else is working and my text get sent but no responses.