SMS kills Bluetooth during phone use

MachoHotpocket

Reaction score
Does not matter what Bluetooth device I have hooked up, they both mess up when I'm on the phone using Bluetooth and I get a text message. Soon as I get a text message it transfer my phone conversation to the regular speaker on the phone. If you check the settings it says its still sending it to the Bluetooth but its not. You have to click on another way for the sound then back to the Bluetooth for it to work. A real pain and makes driving hands free worse than just talking into the phone when you are always getting text messages. This all started after the last update. I tried deleting all my Bluetooth items out and repairing but still have the same problem. Anyone know of any fixes or having the same problems?

Phone: Incredible 2
Bluetooth devices: Blueant Q2 and Motorola Roadster

pjniez

Reaction score
MachoHotPocket,

Does this happen every time you are talking using your Bluetooth and you receive a text message? My Bluetooth disconnected and transferred the call to the handset speaker this afternoon when I received a text message. However, I later tested having a text message sent to me while I was using my Bluetooth and it did not transfer the call back to the handset. So, I guess it happens sporatically.

Last edited:

relsr

Reaction score
I have the same issue with ny incredible.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

s_ozzy825

Reaction score
I had that same problem... But once I had to do a hard reset (factory).. it seem to have fixed the issue for now.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

surfmly

Reaction score
same problem here

I have also experienced this issue, appears to be 100% of the time for me.

Anyone confirm if there is any other way to go without a hard reset? Even with nandroid backups and TB backups it is pain to fix something that only happen once every few weeks (don't get many txts while on the phone I guess).