SMS Delivery Report

kariyatd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S5
I got a new phone yesterday. Went with the S5 and loving it... for the most part. lol. It's running 4.4.4.
I'm having a problem (or perhaps an annoying problem for me) for the delivery report in the messages app. It seems that when I ask for a delivery report, it sends back a notification and sound and displays in the status bar that it was delivered. Since I'm new to this phone, is this normal? Or is there a way to turn off that status and sound notification and get it to display a check mark or something without turning off the delivery report in general?

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I don't believe the stock app allows that. You may have to look into a 3rd party sms app like handcent, gosms, or one of the many others.

Probably From A Tree Stand

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Congrats on your new S5 Kari! As Miller pointed out, your best option would be a third party messaging app. While the stock app is functional, a third party messaging app will provide a much more satisfying user experience, not to mention customization options. GoSMS, Handcent, Textra, Chomp are all great alternatives, and much preferred over stock.
Good luck and give us a holler if there's anything else we can help you with.

S5 tap'n

OP
K

kariyatd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S5
Well boo on that. I do like the messages+ app in the fact that it does that but I'm not fond of the look and the way it behaves sometimes.

I've tried several 3rd party apps and just don't seem to care for them. The best I found so far was textra but even then, eh. I think I'm just too picky. Lol.