SMS Backup to SD card...any way to read on PC?

Deege

Reaction score
I recently encountered a problem where I could no longer open my text messages, because a conversation got too long. So I backed up all of my SMS messages to my SD card...and it created a file on my card with no extension. Then I deleted all of my text messages, and texting works again. I guess the phone has a limitation on how long a conversation can be, so once you get too many texts from one person, it no longer let you read the conversation again.

Anyway, I copied the SMS backup file from the SD card to my PC, but it has no file extension, and opening it in any text reader just shows scrambled text. Anyone know what format that the rezound backs SMS files up in, or if there are any PC programs out there capable of reading the saved texts? It's a shame if they are lost forever.

acejavelin

Reaction score
I don't know of anyway of the top of my head, the seem to be encoded or in a database format of some kind. I would suggest restoring them, then using SMS to Text to export them to a readable text file. After that you can just backup or dump them completely.

motofans

Reaction score
how to transfer text messages to computer for reading

any way to read text messages on pc?
Here a article that i found in google search result "How to Transfer Text Messages to Computer", it could backup sms messages in your android phone, and import the backup file to computer for view, also the messages could be exported in a text file.

Maybe this could help you and others with the same question.

aishiteru

Banned
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
If you want to read SMS messages on HTC phone from computer, you can use HTC Data Manager tool. It helps you get access to all text messages and display them on program window via usb connecting, then you can read them on PC.

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Cool, we resurrected another thread from 2012.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk