Saving sms to pc

cday2798

Reaction score
I have a Droid 3 and I'm attempting to backup my texts and save them to my pc so I can print them out if I need. I have searched and found some forums on this topic, yet none have really helped. I have downloaded SMS Backup and Restore and PhoneLeash. From what I've gathered, Phoneleash only emails the texts that have been sent/received after the app has been installed. I do like the organization of the texts, though. For Backup, I have gotten my texts backed up and saved to my SD card. When plugged into my pc, I've been able to open it up in XML format, but the texts are so hard to read, due to all the coding. Also, it doesn't organize the messages very well. It put all the texts I've sent together and all the other person's texts together. It would take a long time to get them organized correctly. So my question is, is there any app the works like SMS Backup, but organizes like PhoneLeash? If not, can anyone give me advice on how to make Backup organize the texts correctly? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PVS

Reaction score
PhoneLeash can export texts from before the app was installed, but you can export only a day's worth at a time (by sending a command such as "texts 5/8/12" to the phone). This "limitation" is due to PhoneLeash's primary goal -- keeping you in touch with your phone while you are temporarily away from it.