SMS Backup to GMail

GregRN

Reaction score
that actually works on my DroidX. The ones posted in Market don't do incoming...Useless

Thanks

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
that actually works on my DroidX. The ones posted in Market don't do incoming...Useless

Thanks
What do you mean they wont do incoming? I use one from the market and it works well. Play with the settings to backup sooner if you dont like the time frames it backs up as.

i use "SMS Backup +"

OP
G

GregRN

Reaction score
I tried that one. It is not backing up my incoming SMS messages. Only messages I sent and my relies to messages...Your on the DroidX as well? Thanks for replying, i'll try and tweak it a little

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry, didnt know you were on an X.

It looks like the X has firmware issues concerning incoming messages. I looked at several apps and it looks like they all have this issue. My guess is wait for a bit to see if a good enough programmer finds a way. I dout their will be a non-market app that does this since it would be pointless to do so (app market at least makes them $$) things like these happen, it happened when froyo first cameout and i couldn't use my flashlight application. Im sure the issue will be worked out in the future but as for now their isnt one that i know of. Sorry i couldnt be more help.
**Also this area is more for D1 and other general questions...if you had this moved to the DX area of the forum you could generate better results (as people who own the DX go their).

Last edited:

ikies

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem - I have a droid bionic, and I installed BackupSMS then uninstalled it to try other programs, then I wanted to return to backupSMS and now it won't catch incoming messages.

OP
G

GregRN

Reaction score
Motorola Firmware problem

I'm having the same problem - I have a droid bionic, and I installed BackupSMS then uninstalled it to try other programs, then I wanted to return to backupSMS and now it won't catch incoming messages.
It's a Motorola Firmware problem. Here is what I did to resolve
Install GoSMS Pro (Free) and use SMS Backup+ version 1.4.5
Not I get both incoming and outgoing. You DO NOT have to use GoSMS as your default SMS application.

Hope this helps,

-Greg

OP
G

GregRN

Reaction score
Now I get both incoming and outgoing...Not, NOT! LOL!