Smoothest ROM?

bitter

Reaction score
Currently on the Cm 10 stable which isn't so stable for me. Was trying to stick with this until 4.2 was released on either AOKP or CM but I can't wait anymore. This is so laggy and glitchy. Suggestions?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Been running CM10 myself and it's been a bit buggy for me lately as well. Not too aware of who's released 4.2 ROMs yet, as I've been quite busy, but I did hear XenonHD released one, along with ParanoidAndroid. Heard good things about both, but I'm pretty sure there are more 4.2 ROMs available by now. Go checkout xda developers

OP
bitter

bitter

Reaction score
About to try Xenon. Seems to be getting the most love.

Comp625

Reaction score
I'm running AOKP 4.2 and it's smooth and very customizable. No bugs that I can notice, and no force crashes. Battery life is suspect, but I think that's a common issue across most ROMs & kernels.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hey bitter,

I just flashed Xenon last night and it looks like I'm missing LightFlow in the accessibility menu, you missing it too?

Reaction score
actually, if you want virtually zero lag, atom 4.2 rom is the fastest i've tried, best battery life. only dumped it due to lack of features. i'm on jbsourcery test 3 4.2 now, not bad, but it's laggy and a little buggy

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just thought I'd throw my two cents in and as a developer of project elite you should give it a try :D

OP
bitter

bitter

Reaction score
Didn't even know AOKP 4.2 was out

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
+1 for Project Elite =)
Just flashed it myself, liking it so far.

However, I don't know if it's fatigue and I can't find it, but is there an option to add a "menu" key into the softkey row?

NicoleNXD

Reaction score
Just flashed it myself, liking it so far.

However, I don't know if it's fatigue and I can't find it, but is there an option to add a "menu" key into the softkey row?

No not that I am aware of. I don't think they have added that yet

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
No not that I am aware of. I don't think they have added that yet

Darn. Thanks. Hopefully they add support for that soon. Really liking it so far though

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Comp625

Reaction score
for me, the native rom is the latest rom ever. but I hate when rotating, android sucks at rotation.

Sharing mobile knowledge

Funny, I was complaining about that the other day. It's one of my few nitpicks that I have about JellyBean, especially now that Project Butter has "smoothed" out the user interface. One would think that auto-rotation would be a quick and fluid process too -- something that iOS seems to have always done well with the early iPhones. But instead, it takes a good second or two for my screen to rotate. :frown:

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Darn. Thanks. Hopefully they add support for that soon. Really liking it so far though

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

We will have navbar customization in in the next few days. It'll be there shortly!