Smartphone of the Year DROID!!!

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Awesome!!! I hadn't checked it in a while but thats really good news for the Droid...

Now if it can just stay where its at til the vote is over..

OP
jcortes

jcortes

Reaction score
Its also really close for gadget of the year as well

M

Matth3w

Why does it matter if the Droid wins? Do I get a rebate check or some prize in the mail if they do? A credit to my Verizon account?

shademar

Reaction score
More overall interest in android as a platform, more devs and more apps perhaps? It wasn't long ago that android was a pretty thin sliver of marketshare afterall...

Also, Gadget of the year too!

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would love to see the Droid beat the iPhone in this.....just outta principle of the whole matter...

M

Matth3w

More overall interest in android as a platform, more devs and more apps perhaps? It wasn't long ago that android was a pretty thin sliver of marketshare afterall...

Also, Gadget of the year too!
Interest is based on sales, not 14 year old kids voting from 6 different computers 10 times on an irrelevant poll.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Of course all of this is rather adolescent fanboyism run amok, but from a more or less "objective" standpoint, the Droid certainly deserves to be both the "gadget" and the "smartphone" of the year.

That doesn't mean the Droid is in any sense a "better" gadget or phone than the iPhone 3GS. For many applications the iPhone is still a better choice. And for that matter, so are the various BlackBerry devices.

It does mean, however, that the Droid has had an impact on consumer technology (nearly) comparable to that of the first iPhone. And that is a significant accomplishment. Will 2010 see better devices than the Droid for particular applications? I certainly hope (and expect) so. But sad to say for early adopters, the direction of development is likely to be toward less multifunctional, more focused android devices.

Guchi

Reaction score
when people research and see those types of things maybe just maybe it could influence their decision... i know i know, how dumb could they be....

Guchi

Reaction score
engadget will find like 3000 votes for the iphone over night again anyways

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Right now:

Gadget of the Year - Droid 17346
iPhone 17350

Smartphone of the Year - Droid 19404
iPhone 19303