Smartactions do not activate

SJBBF

Reaction score
Anyone else on occasion have their Smartactions fail to turn on. I have an action set to silence sounds in the evening and some nights it fails to 'turn on'. Or at least display in my notifications bar (I have it on display).

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I have not had any issues with that yet. They are working perfect for me. Try deleting the S-Action and then readding it? That would be the first thing I would try. Is it location based and maybe it's not picking up the correct location?

Bigbootyman

Reaction score
Smart Actions are based on location, correct me if I'm wrong, so your actions are only going to change when your location is updated on you phone. Sometimes this takes a few to many minutes, depending on how often you use your phone. If you leave the screen off, it may not update/sync, until you open the lock screen again. This all depends on your individual settings.

Many ways to try to fix this, but more information from you is required:

Do you have you have auto-sync enabled or disabled?
Did you allow Google to access your location? Settings / Google / "Your account" / Location settings / "Let google apps access your location
Do you have Wi-fi enabled?
Do you have GPS on?

I'm sure there could be other options, but I'm rooted and running a custom rom that doesn't have Smartactions.

Hope this helps

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Anyone else on occasion have their Smartactions fail to turn on. I have an action set to silence sounds in the evening and some nights it fails to 'turn on'. Or at least display in my notifications bar (I have it on display).

LOL, "smart actions" have LONG been disabled on my phone, they cause more harm than good, the only one I use is for the car, so when I get into it, it goes into vehicle mode... but get this,.... even when I shut the car off and its clearly NOT even connected... the phone will remain IN vehicle mode, why? Who knows...

Also, when I had the Home Mode and Work Mode... they would go into that mode within a FIVE MILE RADIUS. So when I left work (before I had Vehicle Mode) it would stay for 5 effing miles ON... yeah, REAL smart!!!

Im telling you, I was ALL about the smart actions... then... after a while, like waking up to find my phone not in sleep/silent, but literally Wifi turned off, Data turned off, and get this... AIRPLANE mode some mornings!

There is real reason, just the phone has an IQ just south of a bedroom slipper... I HATE to say it.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I think something is wrong with your phone Jimmy. Seriously. My SMARTActions work perfectly. Every time.

KaChow

Reaction score
I think something is wrong with your phone Jimmy. Seriously. My SMARTActions work perfectly. Every time.

I think there is simply a problem with SmartActions, sure I understand that not everything works for everyone, but at the same time I have not seen any improvements in SmartActions. Just look at their forum, it is a pool of requests and no responses. I just happened to have switched back to my original stock 4.1.2 ROM, after countless tries and attempts of getting SA to work, no matter whether the apps were restored, ADB pushed, zipped, flashed, permissions changed, they simply are not completely affective, nor do they run the way they are suppose to. I have tried Automeit, which is fine if you like working with single commands, there may be one or two other apps out there, but still nothing is as good as SmartActions, that is when it works.

jimmythegent

Reaction score

I wish I could say the same, they make sense, but if they are messing up, then whats the point? And as said, there are TONS of people complaining about them.

They seemed to work okay for a few days, but then just randomly got buggy. So I said, screw it, just another feature I wont use. But hey, you may just be that 1 in 10,000!!! (Djano unchained reference)

OP
S

SJBBF

Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions to fix, but this night smartaction just doesn't activate. I have them set for meetings, and that works fine, the ones for battery are functioning too. It's the one to turn off sound that fails, even after deleting and recreating. I'm up to date on the app as well. Certainly I can live without it, but it seems so easy to set... and it doesn't work, that is baffling to me!

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions to fix, but this night smartaction just doesn't activate. I have them set for meetings, and that works fine, the ones for battery are functioning too. It's the one to turn off sound that fails, even after deleting and recreating. I'm up to date on the app as well. Certainly I can live without it, but it seems so easy to set... and it doesn't work, that is baffling to me!

Just wait... you will see more "inconsistencies" soon.... for example... deleting a song from your phone is impossible, yet possible on an iPhone? I have to hook it up to the computer to delete? Seriously?

OP
S

SJBBF

Reaction score
I read somewhere that this Smartactions app is problematic and will not be improved, and in fact removed from Google Play. Rumor maybe?

mrantisocialguy

Reaction score
I read somewhere that this Smartactions app is problematic and will not be improved, and in fact removed from Google Play. Rumor maybe?

Here is a link to Smartactions on Google play, so it's still there. I hope it works right because I just ordered a new RMHD for my upgrade, BUT if it don't there are always widgets and plain old manual "adjustments" that can be used.

OP
S

SJBBF

Reaction score
I can certainly live with the manual stuff too, and judging by my experience and those reviewing this app, I won't hold my breath on this being improved... but no matter, this is still a great phone!