Smart Lock>Trusted Places Stopped Working At Home

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Update: Trusted Location was working good last night at home, on my Turbo 2. I went to bed and plugged it in to charge overnight. When I first unlocked it this AM I saw the Trusted Location notification for "Device locked for 4 hours of inactivity" which is normal. I checked my mail and then took the dog outside. When I came back in I had another new email and when I went to read it the phone was locked, and made me enter my pattern. I opened Maps and my current location was about a 1/2 mile away from home until I refreshed Maps and my current location. Maybe Jonny is on to something.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
M

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Side question...

Sorry if this has been addressed. I know the answer for myself is no. For those having "serious" issues with Smart Lock, have you opened maps immediately after your phone has asked for you to use your fingerprint/PIN/etc. to see if your location is good in there?

Yes I have, and my location on Maps is pretty close. Within 20 feet or so.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It has not worked for me at all at work today.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes, funny that yesterday it wouldn't work for me at all despite Google maps location correct. Today it was working for me perfectly first part of day then decided to stop working about noon.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It's working now that I am at home. Very strange. Gremlins.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth I've had the same problem on my Pixel 2. But with the grandkids around so much lately, I kinda of prefer the phone remaining locked and haven't tried to fix it. We can pretty much rule it out as just being a Samsung issue.

Sent from my ZenPad using Tapatalk

bentrm

Reaction score
This isn't really a fix but it worked for me. I changed the setting under secure lock settings to not lock instantly with the power button. Maybe instantly locking effects the location somehow. I dunno. It worked for me.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It can't hurt at this point @bentrm. Mine has been working pretty good at home the past few days and it unlocks without my pattern most of the time.

OP
M

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
This isn't really a fix but it worked for me. I changed the setting under secure lock settings to not lock instantly with the power button. Maybe instantly locking effects the location somehow. I dunno. It worked for me.
Who long has this worked for you?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
What do you have the Sleep setting set to? Does that still control locking the device if you don't have the power button set to lock?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

bentrm

Reaction score
Do you mean the automatic lock? Set to 5 seconds. Doesn't work here at home because of the smart lock location setting. I haven't left home for a few days.

OP
M

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Changed mine to 5 seconds this morning, and this afternoon smart lock quit letting me unlock by pressing the home button as it should.
Thanks for the tip though, it was worth trying!

bentrm

Reaction score
It was worth a try I suppose. Anyway, mine is back to not working. Opened maps and found my location slowly moving around. The blue dot. I dunno what's going on.

OP
M

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
IKR?
Mine's doing the same thing. I watched it this morning slowly move closer to my actual location, then jump back to where it started.