Smart Actions help

kevin79

Reaction score
I have a question about Smart Actions. I have two rules set up. One for home that turns on my ringer and wifi. The other is for work that puts my phone on silent on turns off the wifi. When I leave home, my wireless doesn't turn off and when I leave work, my ringer doesn't turn on until I get home . Is this how it is supposed to work or is my phone supposed to go back to the settings that had before the smart actions took effect?

rherron

Reaction score
Works correctly. If you want to turn something off then make a rule for that or make that part of another rule.

Work wifi detected... ringer off.

Home wifi detected... ringer on.

Etc.

Lots of ways to do it. Time of the day. Etc.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

OP
K

kevin79

Reaction score
So once a smart action turns the wifi on, it will stay on until a different smart action turns it off? If so is there a way to create one that is in effect whenever you aren't in a specific location?

wheelspinner20

Reaction score
Not fancy but, I used a vehicle rule that I activate manually by touching the icon. If you have bluetooth in your vehicle, that can be a trigger for a smart action. There should be a way to use movement over 5 mph or whatever. As a trigger for a mobile setting.

Also a car dock I believe can be a trigger.

Last edited: