Smart Actions ghost actions

Droidbearoh

Reaction score
I have Smart Actions set up for my work and some clients so that my phone will be quite.

For some reason my phones “work” action will engage at my house even know I have deleted my house from the locations in the list of triggers. I have tried deleting the triggers and locations, then add new work rules to no avail.

I have also tried putting in another rule that should override it the first but they both run with the first one running conflicted and the ringer not working.

Any ideas on how to address this would be appreciated :hail:

Smart_Actions

Motorola Expert
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you tried "clearing data" in settings? apps>manage applications > all > Smart Actions. Please be aware, this may delete your custom rules.
I'm talking to our location team to look into the issue.

Rogus

Reaction score
I found location triggers completely unreliable and gave up using Smart Actions with location triggers. I hope you do better.

Rogus

Reaction score
Now that I have ICS I thought I'd check if Location triggers were now working. Set up three locations to trigger the phone to silent ringer volume. The closest location was 6 miles away from current location. Upon saving the SA, it activated the SA even though I'm no where near any location for the trigger. Deleted that and given up, once again, on SA with location triggers.

Smart_Actions

Motorola Expert
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks Rogus for the followup. I'm contacting the location developer of your issue on ICS.

Smart_Actions

Motorola Expert
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi Rogus,
Would you be willing to work directly with our engineer on your location issue?

falcon93

Reaction score
What if you can not add anymore location triggers at all? I have not found a definitive answer of that issue. I just purchased my Razr. I added 4 location triggers and I can't add anymore. When I do try, it says "Location already added".

Help??

Smart_Actions

Motorola Expert
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure exactly what your doing on your end but I know of an instance where this prompt will be displayed.

If you already have a location that is close to the one you want to add then a prompt will be displayed that say "location already added." The intention is to keep the list clean but this may be causing confusion instead.