Problems with Smart Actions

bagpipeRob

Reaction score
So trying to set up smart rules. Have no problems with setting up my Low Battery Saver and my Workout Rules. But when I'm trying to st up ones for work and home using a specific location, I have wi-fi on, all my gps selections checked on and when I type and address and click attach, a prompt pops up saying "creating shortcut url" and when i click proceed it stops and says "unfortunately, Smart Actions had stopped." Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Really want to take full advantages of these Smart Actions. Got the phone, Droid RAZR HD, about a week ago.

permutations

Reaction score
I have the same phone, and I don't have this problem. Perhaps you are doing it wrong? In the Triggers section, I clicked on "I'm at a specific location" then "Add a location" then "Search". I then typed the address where it says "Enter address", clicked "Search", and it found it. I clicked "Attach". That's it - done.

I have another problem, though. If there is more than one phone number associated with a contact, I can't select the contact for any of the features that require selection of a contact (e.g. VIP contacts when phone is on silent as in Sleep Rule, contacts to send a text to). If there's just one phone number, no problem. But if it's multiple phone numbers (work, home, mobile) - and the VIP contacts ALWAYS have multiple phone numbers - I can't select them. I have been trying to google this problem, and I can't find any mention of it by anyone else. Perhaps I'm just using the wrong search terms. Would you mind trying this on your phone? It would take only a minute - just select the Sleep Rule and try to set a VIP contact. If you select someone for whom you have more than one phone number, does it work? I don't know who to report this bug to - or who to contact for help.