Sluggish and battery drain

Kenshai

Reaction score
So I am not sure what causes it, but my D2G will slow down, heat up and start draining the battery quickly. I check battery usage and Android System has used the majority of it. Anyone have this issue?

Install
SBF to stock
OTA to .330
Clear data + cache
Install from Zip
Set up apps and all no restoring back ups

It does it at different intervals, restarting the phone will fix it temporarily and usually less than an hour. Installing from the zip again appears to fix it for a few hours at a time. I am just a bit confused here as to what could be causing this and a solution.

I've tried to keep apps to a minimal in case one of them was causing the issue. Apps I use on a regular basis: Handcent, Doubletwist, Weatherbug Elite (set to only refresh when I request), and amazon appstore.

It starts when the phone isn't being used, it's done it while I was sleeping I wake up to my phone being very hot and I immediately reboot it.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Also guess I should add that I've downloaded the rom over again hoping that it was an issue in the first one and the md5 checks out. It clearly is something that is just running, maybe constantly updating? I just don't really have an idea.

Last edited:

mopar57

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
by any chance is your gps on?
Mine gets really hot when i use it/ leave it on.

Also check your market downloads and see if you set everything to auto update and 1 is getting stuck in the download.

OP
K

Kenshai

Reaction score
No auto updates and gps is only in use when an application you're using will use it. But I disable it as a precaution.

OP
K

Kenshai

Reaction score
SBF'ed again, Clean install no additional apps and it still does it.

mopar57

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I hate to say this, but take it back to verizon let them look at it.

OP
K

Kenshai

Reaction score
That's annoying it's a new phone from assurion. After their 7 or 14 day "hardware issue" limit on exchanges.

Last edited:

mopar57

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Are you running heXen or just stock

Last edited:
OP
K

Kenshai

Reaction score
Hexen it doesn't do it with stock.

Installed Watchdog and the process that hangs and causes the high cpu utilization is the init command not even sure for what app. Will probably revert back to the atrocious stock rom and just deal with it waiting for a nice full working GB rom.

I have tried CM and angel neither one felt smooth compared to when Hexen is running properly.