Slow home screen display

wwomack

Reaction score
When I unlock my phone it frequently takes it a long time to display the icons on the home screen. It'll display the background image and the buttons along the bottom with no widgets or apps displayed on the screen. If I try to access the menu of apps at that point it just shows up as black with no applications listed. it'll sometimes take 30 seconds up to a few minutes for the apps to show up.

Anyone know what might cause this? This is a Motorola Droid (not rooted).

Thanks

Firewtc343

Reaction score
My lg revo. Did that. I downloaded super box pro. It has a cache cleaner on it. You might be using up memory that you can free up which will help you in the loading.( there are some free cache cleaners on the market)

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When I unlock my phone it frequently takes it a long time to display the icons on the home screen. It'll display the background image and the buttons along the bottom with no widgets or apps displayed on the screen. If I try to access the menu of apps at that point it just shows up as black with no applications listed. it'll sometimes take 30 seconds up to a few minutes for the apps to show up.

Thanks

What launcher are you using? You may just try switching to a different one. I've been a long time use of Laucher Pro, but have been using Go Launcher lately as it doesn't seem to suffer from re-draw lag.

Good luck.

jefbystereo

Reaction score
What you are describing is lovingly referred to as "re draw" on the forum. Try searching for that term for a few different guides on how to solve that. If you are rooted its pretty fixable.

angelbabii25

Reaction score

Thanks

I have the same EXACT problem but mine takes forever as in 2 to 3 minutes to load. I have no idea what to do, ive done evertything from taken the batt out to factory rest.

REMilk

Reaction score
If you 'love' your present launcher/home screen and do not want to change it or if you have tried other launchers/home screens and still have the redraw problem. I have a couple of suggestions that worked for me.
  1. Apps
    1. If you have apps moved to the SD card that are on the home screen, move them back to the phone, the access is much quicker from the phone that the SD card.
  2. Widgets (Widgets that do a lot such as weather, news, may introduce lag)
    1. List each widget and the priority you need them, make the highest priority 1, then 2, and so on.
    2. Remove all widgets.
    3. Power down the phone, then power it back on. This is in an attempt to clear any cache used by the removed widgets. I would think that that you would not have a redraw problem at this time
    4. Add back your priority 1 Widget
    5. Put phone to sleep, then wake it up. I would expect no redraw problem yet.
    6. Repeat adding each widget in priority sequence, then sleep/awake the phone until a redraw problem is encountered; then remove the last widget added.
Good Luck,
Bob