Slow fission. Is this normal

pyronym

Reaction score
I looked around for a while and it seemed like fission was a pretty popular rom so I rooted my phone and performed the manual load as instructed on the team fission site since the frm did not seem to be loading the rom for me.

In any event this just seems soooooooooooo slow compared to the stock. I'm running 2.5.7 black on my r2d2. I guess this is hard to explain but with the stock rom when I would switch between screens it would snap. As soon as I'd swipe or click things seemed like they'd open immediately. With this fission rom they seem super slow. IE I will click the dock and I have to wait while the dock fades open. I went into spar parts and made sure that transitions and animations were set to off. Using this rom my phone seems to operate about as fast as my droid one which I only had clocked to 900.

Any suggestions???

Also I was hoping the email support for this rom was more like cyanogen's(able to toggle sync for individual folders for exchange) Is there some way I can modify the rom to accomplish this or should I just keep looking for other roms?

Just found that every time I reboot my phone it goes into recovery mode?

I'm thinking a return to stock might be my best option.

Thanks,

Last edited:

holmes6

Reaction score
I looked around for a while and it seemed like fission was a pretty popular rom so I rooted my phone and performed the manual load as instructed on the team fission site since the frm did not seem to be loading the rom for me.

In any event this just seems soooooooooooo slow compared to the stock. I'm running 2.5.7 black on my r2d2. I guess this is hard to explain but with the stock rom when I would switch between screens it would snap. As soon as I'd swipe or click things seemed like they'd open immediately. With this fission rom they seem super slow. IE I will click the dock and I have to wait while the dock fades open. I went into spar parts and made sure that transitions and animations were set to off. Using this rom my phone seems to operate about as fast as my droid one which I only had clocked to 900.

Any suggestions???

Also I was hoping the email support for this rom was more like cyanogen's(able to toggle sync for individual folders for exchange) Is there some way I can modify the rom to accomplish this or should I just keep looking for other roms?

Just found that every time I reboot my phone it goes into recovery mode?

I'm thinking a return to stock might be my best option.

Thanks,
Strange, the UI speed in fission seems at least as good as stock for me, and I assume others. I have no idea of what's causing the issue you're seeing. I imagine you are using a freshly SBF'd phone with cleared data and cache? If not it's worth a try.

The developer of fission seems quite responsive. I'd try and seek him out directly for help with the exchange question.
Team DeFuse
Twitter
and xda
and IRC

jorgenava

Reaction score
I too am having the issue with it going into recovery, however, it only seems to do it when the battery gets extremely low and I recharge it with it off then turn on when fully charged it will go into recovery

louy99

Reaction score
I too am having the issue with it going into recovery, however, it only seems to do it when the battery gets extremely low and I recharge it with it off then turn on when fully charged it will go into recovery

it shouldnt do that...you are using 2.4.3?