Slim case for DX2?

jimbud

Reaction score
I've had my X2 for a week now and purchased the Otterbox Defender when I picked up the phone. Love it but find there are times while working when I don't need that much protection and need to slip the phone in and out of my pocket. Anyone have any good suggestions on where to get a nice smooth non-rubbery case that doesn't add bulk but still adds some protection? I don't want anything silicone or silicone coated that will stick to a pocket or come out with lint all over it. Thanks in advance.

Jim

WebFoo

Reaction score
My husband and I bought the Qmadix Gel (or "Flex Gel") off of Amazon (some say Droid X2, some say Droid X) - we love them. They are quite slim, it's a stiff type of plastic/gel, things don't "stick" to it. I carry it around in my pocket all day. They come in a few different colors to suit your tastes (like classic "clear" or "black" - we got purple and red - they are not too "gaudy" looking or garish in color!).

Oh - I should have said... here's another thread where I posed some pics of my car dock mount. You can see the Qmadix Gel case in action on my Droid X2. It's slim enough I was able to only slightly modify my car dock in order to mount and charge at the same time with the case ON!!
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x2-accessories/168915-car-mount-video-taking.html#post1718400

OP
jimbud

jimbud

Reaction score
Thanks for both! I'll look into this case, seems like what I'm looking for.

nbbforrest

Reaction score
slim and nice cse for the x2

I've had my X2 for a week now and purchased the Otterbox Defender when I picked up the phone. Love it but find there are times while working when I don't need that much protection and need to slip the phone in and out of my pocket. Anyone have any good suggestions on where to get a nice smooth non-rubbery case that doesn't add bulk but still adds some protection? I don't want anything silicone or silicone coated that will stick to a pocket or come out with lint all over it. Thanks in advance.

Jim

i read several reviews before i purchased the "sidio" for the x and it is absolutely wonderful.

OP
jimbud

jimbud

Reaction score
Oh - I should have said... here's another thread where I posed some pics of my car dock mount. You can see the Qmadix Gel case in action on my Droid X2. It's slim enough I was able to only slightly modify my car dock in order to mount and charge at the same time with the case ON!!
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x2-accessories/168915-car-mount-video-taking.html#post1718400

What kind of mod did you have to do to get it to fit? I picked up a TPU case from Verizon that looks similar to the one you're using (doesn't have the hard back plate) and wondering if I might also be able to do the same. I found I have a habit of making impulse buys with accessories only to end up with a bunch of stuff I've barely used. That said I'm trying to do as much research as I can so I don't end up with a small box full of cases and gadgets sitting around. :)

OP
jimbud

jimbud

Reaction score
i read several reviews before i purchased the "sidio" for the x and it is absolutely wonderful.

I looked at the seidio two piece case and like it but wanted something I could just slip in and out of when necessary. Thanks for the suggestion tho!

Heywood

Reaction score
For what its worth the simple 10 dollar one piece slip on from Verizon is decent

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

berfles

Reaction score
I'm looking for a slim case too. I had the one from Rocketfish which I liked ok until I took my first X2 out and saw two tiny little chunks taken out around the speaker port, I don't know what would have caused that other than a rough part inside the case. Then I bought a $1 silicone case from Amazon that I liked initially, but the damn thing attracts lint like crazy. The other thing I don't like is the big cutout around the speaker, the Rocketfish only had a little sliver taken out and it was much better. I want something that barely offers any protection for falls because I have not nor will I ever drop this thing. I just need it for protection against putting it on hard surfaces and leaving in my pocket, it would be a millimeter thick for all I care. Maybe a skin is better for me.

Anyway, I was looking at the Seido and will also check out the one recommended here. I love how the phone feels without a case, but just won't carry it like that.

nbbforrest

Reaction score
seidio acrive x case

Jim

I bought the seidio active x case it works great

OP
jimbud

jimbud

Reaction score
The Dual Case mentioned earlier is a good one, I've had similar for previous phones. The Verizon Slim Case is what I finally settled on. Not what I would consider perfect but is slim enough and doesn't collect dust and lint in and out fo the pocket. Verizon Skin Case (Purple) for Motorola Droid X2, Droid x#

I also love the look/feel of the phone without a case but am not as positive as you are that I won't drop it. If you haven't looked at it already you might consider the Zagg Invisible Shield. I've had it for several other phones and it's pretty awesome although it won't offer any type of protection from dropping, just from scratches. It also makes the phone much more "grippy" in your hands and on surfaces like your car dash.

Jim

berfles

Reaction score
If you mean the Superior Dual Case, that one is almost impossible to find. I may try calling a store but they haven't helped me with anything so far when I requested items.

Trip3601211

Reaction score
TPU skins are pretty nice. I got a clear and smoke grey argyle design TPU skin case and love them. Stylish and slim. Has somewhat protection from a fall. I use screen protectors too though. Can ebay or amazon search and I'm sure you'll find ones you like and good deals. Good luck in your hunt.

Sent from my DROID X2