Slight battery concern

SyReal

Reaction score
I know you guys are probably tired of hearing about battery issues but heres what happened.

My phone was at about 80% battery life and on standby. I pull it out to make a call , and the phone was off. I tried turning it back on but nothing happened , I tried everything I could think of to turn it on. So i take the battery out and put it back in to reset it. The phone now turns on , but my battery life is down to about 25%. Any ideas? Is this something to be concerned about? Ive only charged it three times but not a full 24 hours , just till it was 100%.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It doesn't matter how long you charge it for, once it hits 100% it stops charging the battery and uses external power. There have been a few people reporting that they've had to do a battery pull to get it back on, almost as if it were stuck. If you think you have a faulty battery contact verizon or go to your local store and explain the problem.

keiichi25

Reaction score
I would like to point to the OP to the sticky in this thread about Understanding Battery Life. You might want to also check what you are doing on your phone or leaving running on your phone, as that will also speed up or slow down how fast your phone loses battery power, even when you think you have it on standby.

Droidette

Reaction score
I don't know if this is connected to the same issue, but I've been using my Droid for a week with no problems at all. It worked fine today, all charged up, but when I took it out tonight I found it was off. I couldn't get it to turn back on, and figuring it might be out of juice, I plugged it into the car charger. Still nothing - I couldn't get any kind of response to the power button. Finally, I pulled the battery out and put it back in and it started right up - and my charge was still almost fully charged! So, this doesn't seem to be a battery problem, any ideas what else it could be?

J

JohnDroid

My phone lasts at least 24 hours with heavy usage. I do kill programs at 5 hour intervals if I'm not using them though.