Sleep Smart Action (Any way to force an alert through?)

C2Cab95

Reaction score
I have my "Sleep" smart action set... and I discovered something that was a little discomforting about it. I have it set so notifications are off, and the ringer is set to silent, I also have a VIP caller mode with certain family members and work contacts. Anyway, I have a local alert system (text and email from www.bcalert.com) in the event of a Tornado Watch/Warning which my area of Arkansas experienced last night... should the warning come out when I'm sleeping, I won't get it. The text doesn't have a phone number associated with it either, so I can't just save it to my contacts. Is there any way to force an alert through via SMS, or is this something that may need to be addressed?

furbymac

Reaction score
I would think if u were getting a txt from them it would have some kind of number or something. Hmmmm I played with it and I see no way around it. Might I suggest purchasing a weather radio so at least u have something there for when u are asleep.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

SallyC

Reaction score
I have my "Sleep" smart action set... and I discovered something that was a little discomforting about it. I have it set so notifications are off, and the ringer is set to silent, I also have a VIP caller mode with certain family members and work contacts. Anyway, I have a local alert system (text and email from www.bcalert.com) in the event of a Tornado Watch/Warning which my area of Arkansas experienced last night... should the warning come out when I'm sleeping, I won't get it. The text doesn't have a phone number associated with it either, so I can't just save it to my contacts. Is there any way to force an alert through via SMS, or is this something that may need to be addressed?

I don't know about family members, but in your App drawer is Emergency Alert. Menu>Settings>Receive Alert includes Extreme and Severe alert which I would hope would include a tornado warning.

I don't know if this can bypass smart actions - maybe someone has some experience with this?

OP
C2Cab95

C2Cab95

Reaction score
I would think if u were getting a txt from them it would have some kind of number or something. Hmmmm I played with it and I see no way around it. Might I suggest purchasing a weather radio so at least u have something there for when u are asleep.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

It comes through SMS as [email protected] so I don't have a number associated with it. I have a weather radio, but it doesn't alert if there is a warning. I want as much time as possible to keep my family safe... I had a close call last spring, and didn't have but maybe 30 seconds to get to the safe spot in my home.

OP
C2Cab95

C2Cab95

Reaction score
I don't know about family members, but in your App drawer is Emergency Alert. Menu>Settings>Receive Alert includes Extreme and Severe alert which I would hope would include a tornado warning.

I don't know if this can bypass smart actions - maybe someone has some experience with this?

I have those active as well... I would hope a warning would be included as an alert. I don't know much about it though... or if it would bypass smartactions.

padawan0620

Reaction score
I'm using the VIP Caller mode and I'm trying to add my daughter into it but when it asks me to add contacts I start to type her name but she doesn't come up. I can do it for other people but not her. Any suggestions on what to look at? I checked the play store and do have the latest version.
Thanks.

Last edited:

rotordroid

Reaction score

You might checkout the app "Tasker", it's what Smart Actions looks to based off of but I think it is more robust. It would allow you to use a trigger like "SMS Recieved" by "you would specify", then start app "Emergency Alert"

padawan0620

Reaction score
You might checkout the app "Tasker", it's what Smart Actions looks to based off of but I think it is more robust. It would allow you to use a trigger like "SMS Recieved" by "you would specify", then start app "Emergency Alert"

Thank you I had Tasker on my X and it worked very well. When I got by maxx Tasker was not among the list of my paid apps so I could not get it back.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
padawan0620 said:
Thank you I had Tasker on my X and it worked very well. When I got by maxx Tasker was not among the list of my paid apps so I could not get it back.

Did you purchase tasker from the old market or via in app upgrading .. back a year or more ago it had to be bought via the app. You could probably send the developer a message with the original email used and request a key...
Download direct trial
http://tasker.dinglisch.net

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

OP
C2Cab95

C2Cab95

Reaction score
I will give tasker a try... I can set up test a test sms on the website I referred to in my original post and see if it works.

Thanks for the link thaDroidz