boywonder

Reaction score
I tried as well. All I could get was sound; no video.

Sent from my Rezound using DroidForums

rjeatkrconley

Reaction score
I could not get it to work on my RAZR. But haven't retried since the OTA. I use Tango instead. Then again I have always had problems with Skype, even on my PC so it might just be me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

AceDROID

Reaction score
Interesting. I got the droid Friday (as I'm sure everyone else did) and actually downloaded, installed, ran skype last night and was on it for a good half hour doing a video chat with my friend in Ivory Coast. Even switched from the front camera to the rear camera and back a few times. Everything worked perfectly for me.

maneetb

Reaction score
AceDROID, did you download the regular skype or verizon skype? I only tried the regular version so i will try the other one.

Ill keep playing around with it to see if i can get it to work

AceDROID

Reaction score
I just went into the market and downloaded skype. Haha

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Chachmo78

Reaction score
I actually just skype'd yesterday with my brother on his RAZR and me on my Rezound... Worked flawlessly, even though the app said it wasn't designed for my model phone...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Hazardous

Reaction score
I could not get it to work on my RAZR. But haven't retried since the OTA. I use Tango instead. Then again I have always had problems with Skype, even on my PC so it might just be me.

Conley (or anyone else)
Can you use Tango to reach people on Skype? I used Skype and I had video, but the video of myself did go out with the exception of some small strip. Also, sometimes my image was the large one and the other person was the small one.

Video is definitely weird and I would like to find another client that can reach the skype network. Anyone know of a way? I installed Tango but cannot see how to do that.

Thanks

djstinso

Reaction score
I am not sure if you all are using skype because you are talking to other people on skype, I find that using the stock "talk" app with the gmail account works flawlessly for vid chat.

stkma70

Reaction score
i dont know if this helps but i use qik. its supposed to be from the devs at skype so it might work with skype user names

pollyflally

Reaction score
Will Skype work on the Razr HD Maxx? If so, what version and where to download it.

Thanks

h0rN3t

Reaction score
The current skype version is a pain on Razr HD Maxx: frequent crashes, unable to use car bluetooth, messed up the call ffd for which i had a paid account, poor image quality despite good signal reception and enough internet band; more so, the verizon application is not supported at all
Btw.. is anyone aware of a way to initiate a video call from razr hd maxx using any google services, eg google talk? ..please advise

blackterry

Reaction score
I am having a problem with Skype.. Speaker won't work you have to listen through the earpiece which pretty much makes it worthless.. ?? Can't find a setting to change this does anybody have a clue here.. ??

skibird

Reaction score
I'm having problems with the video feed on Skype after the kitkat update. I can see and talk to the person on the other end but they can't see me. Before they answer i can see myself on the front facing camera but as soon as they answer the video feed on my side disappears but they can still hear me. HELP!!!

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Welcome to the Forum.
Sounds like a Skype issue. I know Skype just had an update. Do you have the latest version installed?