Since 2.2 update, Droid goes into silent mode on it's own

AlienTwo

Reaction score
Ever since I updated my Motorola Droid to 2.2 via an OTA update, it has begun to continually go into silent mode after only a minute or two. I had a few Widgets that I used to easily turn it from vibrate to ringer, and they seemed to trigger the weird activity so I uninstalled and rebooted the phone but nothing changed, it still slips into silent on it's own. Has anyone sleet seen or heard of this happening? If so, how was the issue resolved? Thanks in advance,

-Seth

OP
AlienTwo

AlienTwo

Reaction score
New infallible on the issue; if I restart the phone and leave it in ring mode, I don't have any issues. As soon as I turn to vibrate or silent one time and turn it back to ring, it slips back into tuning silent on with no action on my part. I have looked all over the web and haven't heard of anyone's having this issue... am I the only one?

OP
AlienTwo

AlienTwo

Reaction score
Upon further investigation, if I touch the volume at all I get the "Going into Silent Mode" odd behavior. Fun...

madooch

Reaction score
i have had a couple of issues since the update

1 is the battery drains real fast

2 the touchpad for dialing freezes

call verizon twice today end result couldnt fix so getting droid 2 as a replacement because there is no droid 1's left will have it tuesday not bad getting a new phone hope i like it.

OP
AlienTwo

AlienTwo

Reaction score
Update: I called Verizon and the suggested I do a "soft reset" (i.e. pulling the battery while power is on) or if that fails do a Factory Data Reset (found under "Privacy" in the settings). After doing the first with no relief, I did the second and it seemed to have worked! For about 6 hours, that is. So I called them back and was secretly hoping I could get my grubby little mitts on a Droid 2 as well, but they told me the could not do an upgrade. They are sending me a refurb Droid, I hope this fixes the issue.