Simple Needs

lemur

Reaction score
My needs are simple, but don't know if the apps are out there. I would like (hopefully free):

vpn, or another way for remote access to computer
pandora
google maps
IM for yahoo, aol, etc. in one app
FB
Browser options?

On a tangent, will Droid support javascript, and will Flash eventually come to Android? Finally, can Droid multi-task.

Thank you for your time.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pretty simple apps to get there, so far i'd stick with the browser it comes with, it's fine to me. Yes flash will be coming to the droid, just give it i think 2 months? or so was the outlook on that.

OP
L

lemur

Reaction score
Are you aware of a free VPN?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My needs are simple, but don't know if the apps are out there. I would like (hopefully free):

vpn, or another way for remote access to computer
pandora
google maps
IM for yahoo, aol, etc. in one app
FB
Browser options?

On a tangent, will Droid support javascript, and will Flash eventually come to Android? Finally, can Droid multi-task.

Thank you for your time.

Yes it can. Up to 6 apps at a time :)

techful

Reaction score
remote access

Today I tested the GoToMyPc and LogMeIn services with the Droid browser at Verizon Wireless and wasn't able to connect remotely to a PC with either service. I was impressed with the way the device and browser operated but I have to meet the remote access requirement. Does anyone know of a work around?

castalia

Reaction score
So far I have been unable to get it to connect to a CISCO VPN. No where to put in any of the group info. Has anyone been successful at this? I know it's possible on a rooted G1.

Reaction score
Remote access program

Best one out there by far IMO is phonemypc. It works like Logmein in that you install one part of the program on the PC and the other part is an app for an Android operating system. You don't have to worry about setting up Remote Desktop, IP addresses, routers, none of that techno work. It's fawesome!

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've heard about "remote" Mumbo Jumbo for YEARS now, but have never looked into it.
what is the point of being about to connect to another PC at home?

-=Jason=-