Simple Exercise/Running/Cycling Log

stevo95

Reaction score
I am looking for a simple exercise log application. The ones I have looked at all seem to want to track my exercise using GPS etc. I just want to be able to enter the data onto my droid and it would be great if it also synched up to something online.

Does anyone know of such an app or am I being too simplistic? :)

Thanks

mjs31

Reaction score
I am looking for a simple exercise log application. The ones I have looked at all seem to want to track my exercise using GPS etc. I just want to be able to enter the data onto my droid and it would be great if it also synched up to something online.

Thanks

I would do a search for exercise or fitness in the market. When I was looking for apps it seems like there was something like what you were looking for, but did not get good reviews.

I personally use Gymbook (great app for weight workouts and I highly recommend this if you do use weights) and I track my cardio and diet with absolute fitness.

Probably not what you are looking for, but it might fit for some things. Gymbook has been great for my workouts. No more paper trails, or looking back and forth at my previous workouts to see where I need to go. This thing tracks all of that and has it right at your fingertips.

OP
S

stevo95

Reaction score

Thanks

I would do a search for exercise or fitness in the market. When I was looking for apps it seems like there was something like what you were looking for, but did not get good reviews.

I personally use Gymbook (great app for weight workouts and I highly recommend this if you do use weights) and I track my cardio and diet with absolute fitness.

Probably not what you are looking for, but it might fit for some things. Gymbook has been great for my workouts. No more paper trails, or looking back and forth at my previous workouts to see where I need to go. This thing tracks all of that and has it right at your fingertips.

Thanks. I use Calorie counter for the absolute fitness functions which has been pretty good. I did search and found a number of exercise logs but they all seem to want to do a GPS track. Just found one called FitSync, I might give this a try and see how it works out.

xxraffyxx

Reaction score
I used EveryTrail before on my blackberry I found the same application on the market place. It was very handy to have when I went on my long bike rides.

You also should register at the website to manage your routes much easier.

OP
S

stevo95

Reaction score
I used EveryTrail before on my blackberry I found the same application on the market place. It was very handy to have when I went on my long bike rides.

You also should register at the website to manage your routes much easier.

will check it out, thanks. Seems to have a lot of instability issues according to the reviews.

delaen

Reaction score
CardioTrainer works with or without GPS (including a pedometer), lets you enter a variety of exercises manually, and syncs online to both their website and Facebook if you want.

OP
S

stevo95

Reaction score
CardioTrainer works with or without GPS (including a pedometer), lets you enter a variety of exercises manually, and syncs online to both their website and Facebook if you want.

I'll try this again, I installed it but didnt spend a lot of time on it because I thought you could only do the GPS exercise.

cc16177

Reaction score
If you are just running I believe what I use is called Runstar. It works great, no F/C very intuitive and easily accessed.

OP
S

stevo95

Reaction score
OK, I still havent found an app that can do this simple function of simply logging my runs, cycle rides etc. I just want to be able to go in after the fact and log my distances. Currently using an excel.

Every app suggested so far wants to do a GPS track except for CardioTrainer but it still wants to do "live" tracking which I dont want.

Help please!!!

peter584

Reaction score
I use Workitout. It's far from perfect, but I use it just to log my runs and rides, or other workouts.

OP
S

stevo95

Reaction score
I use Workitout. It's far from perfect, but I use it just to log my runs and rides, or other workouts.

yeah, its just about the only thing out there, but as you say, not a very good app. Surely someone could create a simple app like this, I would pay for it. Everyone seems too hung up about GPS etc, dont know about others, but I never carry my Droid on runs or cycle rides for fear of dropping it, losing it, it getting wet etc.

Lock-N-Load

Reaction score
I also seek the same thing. I want to put in my own workouts - cycling, running, multisport, races - and NOT carry a phone. not interested in a GPS type tracking app, just a cool log that will track hours, distance, pace, average speeds, maybe add some notes like weather or course description, etc.

ScottPV

Reaction score
....., just a cool log that will track hours, distance, pace, average speeds, maybe add some notes like weather or course description, etc.

Hmmm. Just what a GPS does.

I use Buddy Runner. Just tuck in in a SPI Belt ($20) and you are good to go. The belt eliminates any jiggle. Water proof versions are avaialble. Usually have Slacker going as well.

Number one rule, I NEVER answer the phone on a run.

Scott

OP
S

stevo95

Reaction score
....., just a cool log that will track hours, distance, pace, average speeds, maybe add some notes like weather or course description, etc.

Hmmm. Just what a GPS does.

I use Buddy Runner. Just tuck in in a SPI Belt ($20) and you are good to go. The belt eliminates any jiggle. Water proof versions are avaialble. Usually have Slacker going as well.

Number one rule, I NEVER answer the phone on a run.

Scott

Right, but I dont want to use the Droid for GPS, I just want a simple tool to log runs and cycle rides. For example what about treadmill runs, how can a GPS help you there? I already have a Forerunner for GPS which also has an HRM and is much smaller and more convenient to carry (as it is on my wrist :))