Sportypal

cocacola

Reaction score
SportyPal | Free tracking mobile application for all GPS enabled phones
Mainly specialized for running, cycling, rollerblading and freeride. It can track movement in real time, with measuring speed, distance, calories burned, pace...
Also they have and web application sportypal.com where the workouts are uploaded after every workout.

It looks very slick, i tested it, its great, hooks into google maps, displays lots of info and its free. Plus you can upload your data as you go, you don't even need to do anything else with it really.
I am going to go for a walk and see what it does and how frequently it logs data.

droiddict

Reaction score
I'd like to hear more about your experience with Sportypal. I installed it but haven't had a chance to use it yet due to weather.

xious

Reaction score
I have been using Sportypal for awhile now and absolutely love it. I use it for running, walking, or for when I go hiking. It keeps a very detailed map of where you went and tells you a slew of information, including max speed, avg speed, best 500-yd dash, etc.

It is also supposed to keep elevation and tell you in feet how much of an incline you made plus decline. However, it is not very accurate. At least not for where I live. I always start and stop at the same point and it always tells me I went down about 150 feet but only inclined 50 feet. But it may just be that the topographical map for where I live is not accurate.

For anyone wanting to keep track of their cardio, this is a great app. Especially for free. And once you are finished with your workout, you can upload the workout to the Sportypal website (account required). This allows you to share with other people, set goals, compete, etc.

X

OP
C

cocacola

Reaction score
I'd like to hear more about your experience with Sportypal. I installed it but haven't had a chance to use it yet due to weather.
So, I have installed sporty without any problem, went for a jogging and got great results.
It shows the pace in real time, so I know when i have to move faster :). Then after finishing I uploaded the workout to SportyPal | Free tracking mobile application for all GPS enabled phones, where I was able to see the map plotted on Google Maps with very nice equipped info about the speed, distance, time, calories... at any point of the route. Now I'm planning to set some goal to see how it's gonna work.

OP
C

cocacola

Reaction score
I just came across this skiing workout:
skijanje.jpg

Workout Details | SportyPal

lmiller5150

Reaction score
help

Hello can anyone tell me how to get this i have a htc hero and ive tried to get off web but its a apk file that wont open and i cant find it in the market. thanks lee

MontyMo

Reaction score
I have used Sportypal for four walks. It is s great app. I stream Pandora when walking and Sportypal runs flawlessly in the background.
Here is yesterday's walk
Workout Details | SportyPal

Great App

Monty

OP
C

cocacola

Reaction score
Finally they have the version for Hero on android market.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really think this app is great....however this would require me to either walk, run, ski, or some other sort of physical exertion. I do think it would be nice for tracking progress while motorcycle riding but I know there's other applications for that.