Simple Basics For Nubes-Vets please add more

dendroid

Reaction score
Simple Basics For New Droid Owners-Vets please add more

SIMPLE BASICS FOR NEW USERS - What other basics do you veterans think belong in here?

Battery usage - Something you new Droid owners might not know about yet.

Your Droid keeps track of battery usage. To find out what drains your battery:

1- Tap the settings icon.
2- Scroll to bottom of list and tap "About phone"
3- Select "Battery use"

It will show how your battery is used.

Last edited:

godanigo

Reaction score
Please please please use the menu button and the long press. Always.

When I get a new app/build I always play around with long press and the menu button to see if there are any hidden settings/options. Then I don't have to ask stupid questions like how do I delete a contact.

jbr13

Reaction score
Download the User manual online. You can find it by searching "Motorola Droid User Manual"

J

Tekmazter

Reaction score
To move the cursor with the physical keyboard, use the D-Pad.

To move the cursor with the virtual keyboard, you must accurately touch the screen where you want the cursor to go.

LordKastle

Reaction score
Are there any apps to make the d-pad a mouse cursor when using the web browser. Like to pinpoint a small link or something related...

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a simple and basic need. It's for you, and everyone else, to never say or spell the word "nube" again...

OP
D

dendroid

Reaction score
Are there any apps to make the d-pad a mouse cursor when using the web browser. Like to pinpoint a small link or something related...
It does seem to allow you to select any live link on a page. Maybe an app will show up. I guess it would need to designate left and right mouse buttons using two keys but when you get to where you have to type something on a web page, you would have to deactivate the buttons.

TomN

Reaction score
n00b!!! LOLZ!

Seriously, I don't actually talk or type like that.

adam8ch

Reaction score
haha sorry, i was just ribbin ya. theres lots of stuff thats probably covered in various threads around this site.

I highly recommend everyone download Screebl Lite from the Marketplace. It handles screen timeout via tilt + movement, as opposed to actually touching the screen. Great app, will save your battery too.

Google Voice is not voip calling. I've seen many people that seem to think this. It uses your minutes, and in fact probably uses more of your minutes because its out of network. I have GVoice only set to be in use when making international calls.

This general FAQ is really good: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-faq/3040-motorola-droid-ultra-faq-chrisk15.html

Check out the FAQ section of these forums in general, lots of good stuff in there.

If you're worried about your screen watch this: [video=youtube;eh2g7AIHdc8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh2g7AIHdc8&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Keep a charger handy. My words of wisdom.

Oh also, get Barcode Scanner from the Marketplace. It will let you scan codes like this:
img.php

except most of them will be more useful, like contact info, or app info, etc.

Last edited:
OP
D

dendroid

Reaction score
adam8ch
No problem - Thanks for this post . Some excellent information here. Never realized the screen was so durable.