Sim Card Authorization Error

vonfink13

Reaction score
I have now had the sim card "authorization error for nearly 24 hours. Only on 3g all this time. If they make me hard reset on this brand new phone for the 4th time I just may take it back. Really what is the point of having to troubleshoot your phone every few days.

you should just have to turn it off and then back on again....check in your settings...data manager and be sure that your data is enabled....and then just do a hard reset....holding down the power button and the volume down button at the same time.....good luck..

jrpbulk

Reaction score
@Von I will give it a go. Thanks for the reply.

you should just have to turn it off and then back on again....check in your settings...data manager and be sure that your data is enabled....and then just do a hard reset....holding down the power button and the volume down button at the same time.....good luck..

dotcom624

Reaction score
Got that error on mine today. I manually installed the OTA the other day, so I wonder if it's related to that. Reboot didn't fix it, but I was able to get it to go away (and bring back my 4G) by doing a *#*#checkin#*#* , power off, remove sim, turn on, re-insert sim. 4G took a little bit to come back, but no more error,and everything seems to be working OK now. We'll see what happens this afternoon. I'm planning on taking it in to Verizon to see make sure everything's OK. I'm not going into a holiday weekend without service and an annoying error message!

jrpbulk

Reaction score
@dot @von,

I did everything both you guys suggested. I seem to be getting 4G when away from home (used to get it at home) and the sim error is gone. I am really surprised that I would have to go through this but early adoption and VZ's in ability to handle the fast and growing usage on their nets remind me of AT&T when they first got the iPhone.

Let's hope this stabilizes or I will be back at the store at 8Am tomorrow.

Got that error on mine today. I manually installed the OTA the other day, so I wonder if it's related to that. Reboot didn't fix it, but I was able to get it to go away (and bring back my 4G) by doing a *#*#checkin#*#* , power off, remove sim, turn on, re-insert sim. 4G took a little bit to come back, but no more error,and everything seems to be working OK now. We'll see what happens this afternoon. I'm planning on taking it in to Verizon to see make sure everything's OK. I'm not going into a holiday weekend without service and an annoying error message!

azzupal

Reaction score
I had this happen to me, called Verizon, they checked it and said it was the SIM card. Took it to the store, swapped it out, now I'm good.

dotcom624

Reaction score
Verizon guy looked at my phone and since it is working now, said it was OK. He checked some setting on it, but seemed more interested in Go Launcher. I did try to go see the gnex, and and he said this was a way better phone than it. I agreed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

kparks

Reaction score
This is prolly due to that recent outage

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Reaction score
I got update and it still did it you nees a new sim card

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Captmilk

Reaction score
Verizon guy looked at my phone and since it is working now, said it was OK. He checked some setting on it, but seemed more interested in Go Launcher. I did try to go see the gnex, and and he said this was a way better phone than it. I agreed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

The first smart thing a VZW rep has ever said..