Silicone bands at motorola.com

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Water RESISTANT, not WATER PROOF. It would need to be PROOF to swim with it. Resistant = you can shower, wash dishes, wash your hands. It's not SUBMERSIBLE below 9 feet for more then 30 minutes, I guess you could swim in the shallow end for 30 minutes?!?!?!?!? :D

OP
L

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Water RESISTANT, not WATER PROOF. It would need to be PROOF to swim with it. Resistant = you can shower, wash dishes, wash your hands. It's not SUBMERSIBLE below 9 feet for more then 30 minutes, I guess you could swim in the shallow end for 30 minutes?!?!?!?!? :D

I am rarely bellow 9 feet, let alone for 30 minutes! Actually, AP67 is up to 1 meter. I think for most swimming I would be alright, but this thread was more to gauge real life experience, not the advertising specifications.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
You're right, its 1m. I had 3 on the brain because 1m = roughly 3ft.

TapaTurbo

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Blah. Terrible videos.
"Watch me dunk it underwater for 30 seconds!"
"Watch me dunk it 4 inches under water"
*Yawn

I've done both of those things with my G watch.

Personally I wouldn't swim with a watch. Ever. I think I can go without the time (or notifications) while I am swimming. :D

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it has never been banged, dropped or any other physical trauma then maybe it'll stand up, key word maybe. If it has been beaten like a red headed step child, like normal watches usually have had happen to them, I wouldn't chance it.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Blah. Terrible videos.
"Watch me dunk it underwater for 30 seconds!"
"Watch me dunk it 4 inches under water"
*Yawn

I've done both of those things with my G watch.

Personally I wouldn't swim with a watch. Ever. I think I can go without the time (or notifications) while I am swimming. :D
That depends on if you live on or near the water (whether it's the ocean or a lake) and do a lot of boating, diving, surfing, wakeboarding etc. There are actually a lot of instances you need a watch in the water. Obviously, I wouldn't wear a "smartwatch" in the ocean, the salt water would probably tear it up regardless of how waterproof it was. If you're simply lounging by pool, then sure there's no need.

S5 tap'n

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Not changing my mind on this one. Terrible videos.
" Hey, let's see if we dunk it under 4 inches of water?"
That's not anything like surfing or wakeboarding. Slam it hard into the surface of the water! Make it go to 4 feet for *just* a second.
Gently place it under water. Come on. Its rated ip67. I trust that rating. I really don't need that proven.
When my beaten up watch gets exceptionally dirty, I rinse it off at the kitchen tap!
Its water resistant to 3 1/2 feet for 30 minutes. I believe that 100%. But if you really want to shoot a video proving this is true how about setting the watch in 3 and 1/4 feet of water for 29 minutes?
That would be a far superior video.
Dunk it under a little bit of water for a few seconds....bah!

TapaTurbo

OP
L

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not changing my mind on this one. Terrible videos.
" Hey, let's see if we dunk it under 4 inches of water?"
That's not anything like surfing or wakeboarding. Slam it hard into the surface of the water! Make it go to 4 feet for *just* a second.
Gently place it under water. Come on. Its rated ip67. I trust that rating. I really don't need that proven.
When my beaten up watch gets exceptionally dirty, I rinse it off at the kitchen tap!
Its water resistant to 3 1/2 feet for 30 minutes. I believe that 100%. But if you really want to shoot a video proving this is true how about setting the watch in 3 and 1/4 feet of water for 29 minutes?
That would be a far superior video.
Dunk it under a little bit of water for a few seconds....bah!

TapaTurbo

Wow. You seem angry about this.

OP
L

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
When I get my silicone band I will do my own test. I am more concerned about the leather than I am the 360!

OP
L

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
My silicon band arrived at home today. Can't wait to get home and put it on the watch, then do a water test! :)

OP
L

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Love this band! Been running my watch under water in the sink to prove it can handle it. This band is made to handle being wet. So cool.