Signal Strength

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Walking around my house with Both my MaxxHD and Turbo ON

Turbo is on 3G and Maxx is on 4G. Has not varied, both 2 bars.

Yep, same here.

So the no signal worries appear to have been a fluke, I'm not at 7hrs time on and my time without signal is down to 3%, suggesting that something else may have been at play there because there's no added loss since I reported it this morning. Now that I think about it the phone was activated about 50 miles from where I live so a power cycle may favor my local tower more so I'm going to try this as well just to be sure.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Be interesting to see if this becomes an ongoing theme. I am not going to rule out a bad batch but I am also not going to bury my head in the sand.

This could be big because if motorola can not continue what they are known for then they stand the chance of losing the last bit of fan base they have left.

I am concerned to see if the nexus 6 have the same issue.

By the way checking out droid-life and they are complaining about the battery life not being near the 48hrs moto and vzw is claiming. Is any one else noticing the same?

Us early adopters are going to get the good with the bad and have to hope a software updates fixes our early complaints vs someone who wait a few weeks to a month for the software updates to squash early bugs.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I'm fringe, experienced 1G yesterday, mostly 3G with sporadic 4G tossed in for good measure. Work; 90% 4G with a little 3G mixed in, about the same with the ULTRA. Pub; the nod would go to the TURBO hands down. all places offer up to 2 bars, house sits at 1 typically. Turbo is recharging now, 26 hours on a full charge with just shy of 4 hours of mostly texting and playing with it.

I want to find out if it might be a RAZR issue I had. 3G in panoramic mode and 4G in portrait mode.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm in a fringe area.. And if anything.. My turbo is holding 4g better than my ultra maxx..

I should add.. When i first got home, my turbo was in permanent 3g..i powered off.. Slid the sim tray out.. Put it back in and powered it up.. 4g ever since..

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Be interesting to see if this becomes an ongoing theme. I am not going to rule out a bad batch but I am also not going to bury my head in the sand.

This could be big because if motorola can not continue what they are known for then they stand the chance of losing the last bit of fan base they have left.

I am concerned to see if the nexus 6 have the same issue.

By the way checking out droid-life and they are complaining about the battery life not being near the 48hrs moto and vzw is claiming. Is any one else noticing the same?

Us early adopters are going to get the good with the bad and have to hope a software updates fixes our early complaints vs someone who wait a few weeks to a month for the software updates to squash early bugs.

I would never expect to get 48 hours with normal use. Right now I am 7 hours and 43 minutes off of charge and I am at 43% and have 3 hours and 18 minutes of SOT. The majority of that has been on network and this was after my first charge. Everything turned on and screen on highest brightness. I always push it to the max when I get a phone. I remember when I first got the Razr Maxx. I kept everything pegged to push the battery and I would get 5 hours of SOT and get down to 10% after like 18 hours.

As far as reception on my first day out and about I was getting excellent results. I was getting signal inside the local Walmart that I would get no data reception at all inside on AT&T and when I had my G2 on VZW before. I am getting 4G at home when I would rarely get it before.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Is it true that with turbo you cannot simultaneously use phone and data? I must have that ability from day 1.

Right now no. But it is supposed to with an update.

Tap'd from my Droid Turbo

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Anyone else remember when the Razr Maxx was dropping 4G and then a software update fixed it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Anyone else remember when the Razr Maxx was dropping 4G and then a software update fixed it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Yes, I do remember that. A software tweak apparently resolved the issue. Everybody must remember and some have mentioned here, this is a brand new phone and there are always done fluky issues with a fraction of the production runs in the first batches. Also as Jackie points out, this could easily be a software issue. Let's wait and watch and see how this processes.

For the record, I am at 2 bars 4G in my house where I often have only 1.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I was at Verizon store last night and did a side by side speedtest on turbo and xperia. Even though turbo had lower ping, xperia had a lot faster speeds especially in upload. Used same server on both devices.
02eca5c4d92870639c0fc3c8d467083e.jpg

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I was at Verizon store last night and did a side by side speedtest on turbo and xperia. Even though turbo had lower ping, xperia had a lot faster speeds especially in upload. Used same server on both devices.
02eca5c4d92870639c0fc3c8d467083e.jpg

Techies go into the stores and load up utilities and launchers to see how they look and run.

Average Joe schmoe customers go into the stores and load up Angry Birds and take duck face selfies and set them as wallpapers.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Haha ...we also set developer options ..down the animations ..set DF as the home page on browser ..download fonts on phones allowed ..

M8 tap'd

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Haha ...we also set developer options ..down the animations ..set DF as the home page on browser ..download fonts on phones allowed ..

M8 tap'd

I wonder how many people look at a demo phone that someone like us has loaded up a launcher and set it as default and gets home and realizes their phone looks nothing like the one they looked at.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I wonder how many people look at a demo phone that someone like us has loaded up a launcher and set it as default and gets home and realizes their phone looks nothing like the one they looked at.

Lmao ..so true I think I've sold a few Samsung phones with Nova launcher and speed up UI..

M8 tap'd

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Techies go into the stores and load up utilities and launchers to see how they look and run.

Average Joe schmoe customers go into the stores and load up Angry Birds and take duck face selfies and set them as wallpapers.
If that isn't true lol. We go into the store telling the rep facts and they like "that is not on our facts sheet" and we like your fact sheet is wrong.
If you have not corrected the store two at least once you are not a true techie.....