Signal Booster / Repeater

Alteron

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am a Verizon customer in SoCal with a HTC Incredible. I live in a rural area with no broadband options (besides satellite). I don't get coverage in most of my house, but there is one window where I can get 2 bars of 1xRTT service and zero to 1 bar of EVDO coverage. It's enough to enjoy some nice low-latency internet options most of the time. If I position the phone just right I will get decent speeds but it is finicky and varies depending on the time of day.

I've read that those cheap cell booster "stickers" you can put on the phone or battery are a sham and not worth the time or money. The only alternative seems to be spending $70 on a personal repeater or spending $300+ on a more permanent repeater.

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience using either of these options? I remember reading something about one HTC Incredible user not being able to use a repeater he had, which would be a nasty surprise after spending that kind of money!

-Alteron

plumcrazy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
wilson electronics is who i have used in the past and never had a problem.

OP
A

Alteron

Reaction score
I've heard lots of good things about Wilson. And they have a great selection too! I noticed all of their products are repeaters. So is that a vote that the cheap battery sticker-type "boosters" are just a rip off? :)

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Bumper stickers make my car go faster, so I don't know why antenna stickers wouldn't work.