signal probs!

guns

Reaction score
just got my samsung fascinate about a week ago... its been missing calls and signal is only about 2 bars and in less then a mile from the nearest tower... on my old motorola droid i was getting a full 5 bars all the time... and never missed calls that i no of... was wondering if anyone had any tips on this... ive already tried the *228 option 2 and no success.. even went to verizon today and they put it on a hybrid prl as they call it and still not seeing an improvement... if no pointers then i think i will be taking it back tomorrow and getting the htc incredible 2... this phone is also rooted im sure that has nothing to do with the signal but just wanted to throw this out there incase there is a custom rom that helps with a signal... thx

Hymizzle

Reaction score
Are you on ED04?

Keep me Fascinated
ED04
EC10 Voodoo Lagfix
Honeycomb v4 - Animated

OP
G

guns

Reaction score
Sorry didn't see where it went through so done it again

broderp

Reaction score
just got my samsung fascinate about a week ago... its been missing calls and signal is only about 2 bars and in less then a mile from the nearest tower... on my old motorola droid i was getting a full 5 bars all the time... and never missed calls that i no of... was wondering if anyone had any tips on this... ive already tried the *228 option 2 and no success.. even went to verizon today and they put it on a hybrid prl as they call it and still not seeing an improvement... if no pointers then i think i will be taking it back tomorrow and getting the htc incredible 2... this phone is also rooted im sure that has nothing to do with the signal but just wanted to throw this out there incase there is a custom rom that helps with a signal... thx

Whats the *228 and hybrid prl?????

OP
G

guns

Reaction score
Yea *228 is to update ur roaming but I'm on an old Alltel plan and so not sure if it u can do it or not on a Verizon plan but guess its worth a try... Just call tech support and tell them u wanna put on the hybrid prl... They will do it for ya.... Didn't help me but it did change the prl... I guess my prob was the phone.. changed to HTC incr 2 today and got my full signal back