-SIGH- Still no ICS

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Not one of those people that HAS to have the latest. My phone runs great. BUT when a company promises an update, then I expect it. SO now I am annoyed. Supposed to be no later then... um... today.
Hello HTC?
I just Tweeted to them to ask about our update. Anyone else following them on Twitter? If so, how about sending a (polite) Tweet about it?
Mine was "Should have ICS today, right guys? Any kind of update would be nice".
It really annoys me that HTC loves to Tweet and tell us about new phones, silly contests, and other such things. But if you really want to impress: how about communicating stuff that those of us under contracts really care about? Like Updates you promised?
lol

I mean how nice would this be??
"Hang in there guys! We are close to pushing ICS out for DINC2 or *insert phone here*. Sorry for the delay!"

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Oh. Suppose this might help.

It's:
@HTC
or
@HTCUSA

nikecar

Reaction score
Not one of those people that HAS to have the latest. My phone runs great. BUT when a company promises an update, then I expect it. SO now I am annoyed. Supposed to be no later then... um... today.
Hello HTC?
I just Tweeted to them to ask about our update. Anyone else following them on Twitter? If so, how about sending a (polite) Tweet about it?
Mine was "Should have ICS today, right guys? Any kind of update would be nice".
It really annoys me that HTC loves to Tweet and tell us about new phones, silly contests, and other such things. But if you really want to impress: how about communicating stuff that those of us under contracts really care about? Like Updates you promised?
lol

I mean how nice would this be??
"Hang in there guys! We are close to pushing ICS out for DINC2 or *insert phone here*. Sorry for the delay!"
The government promises to work for the people, but they don't really. So if the government ignore us, then I don't expect HTC/Verizon to be any better.

dan262

Reaction score
HTC tweeted back at me and said "We're still working with Verizon, and will let you know as soon as we have an update."

so there's that..

olorolo

Reaction score
Well honestly there's a better ics Rom then our update already available. EclipticSense is HTC 4.0 built from a Chinese release for the dinc 2 found only on the mikmik forum.:D
4bb101ab-34b0-1b18.jpg
4bb101ab-34c5-653e.jpg
4bb101ab-34d2-418a.jpg
btw this theme is from the playstore virtuous holo theme for all HTC 4.0 roms

Sent from my HTC Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

Krennel

Reaction score
I really didn't expect them to deliver by the end of August. HTC may have the update ready, but Verizon really sucks with pushing updates, especially big ones. The same thing happened with the Droid Incredible. It was supposed to get Gingerbread late July/early August of last year and we didn't see it until mid-September.

EnderGolem

Reaction score
Krennel said:
I really didn't expect them to deliver by the end of August. HTC may have the update ready, but Verizon really sucks with pushing updates, especially big ones. The same thing happened with the Droid Incredible. It was supposed to get Gingerbread late July/early August of last year and we didn't see it until mid-September.

I'm not looking forward to that!

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Droid Forums

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
The government promises to work for the people, but they don't really. So if the government ignore us, then I don't expect HTC/Verizon to be any better.

You are comparing HTC to the US government? Really?
Hardly the same thing. Not like I have a choice of governments. I can buy a Moto or Samsung. Cant choose to be ruled by a different government.....

summit21

Reaction score
Facebook response I got today same as others:
"Hey HTC how about an update on the progress of the update for the Incredible 2 and T-Bolt.....29 minutes ago · Like
HTC USA While we aren't able to provide specifics on timing, we will continue to actively work with Verizon on ICS software. As soon as we have an update, we'll let you know.
3 minutes ago · Like

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yea. That's exactly the same thing as choosing to buy a different phone from another company...

Be serious.

HTC should keep us informed as a way to keep loyal customers.
The US government has no competition ON US SOIL.

Yea, exactly the same thing. You're right. My bad.

tjb90291

Reaction score
Maybe by christmas

Sent from myDroid Incredible 2 using Droid Forums

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Hey, they replied to my Tweet!

@HTC from Me: Come on already. More then a month past due for ICS update? Can't you give us any news?

@Me from HTC: Unfortunately we don't have any news to report, Tony. We'll let you know as soon as we have an update. Thank you.

-sigh- I'll be up for a new phone by the time this thing ever rolls out. But at least they did reply. I do appreciate not being ignored.