Should I swap?

x25064

Reaction score
Hey all. First things first, you all seem to have a much more realistic perspective on this phone then they do over at androidforums. I tried posting issues there but it was like I insulted their glass and plastic demi god. :icon_rolleyes:

So, anyway, I have bene having some pretty major radio issues with this phone. I live smack dab in the middle of 4 towers, all within a 10 mile radius, and I can't get 4g to save my life. I've had intermittent success with 3g as well. Sometimes it works, sometimes I can't even send an MMS. I called vzw tech support and got to tier 2 before they told me to swap the handset out. Androidforums seems to think this is also the end-all-be-all solution for my phone, as -gasp- the galaxy nexus could NEVER be shipped with flaws!

Since we all know this phone isn't the second coming of christ, and in fact IS full of flaws, how many of you have this issue as well, and is it worth going through the hassle of a handset swap or should I just hold the one I've got and hope the release sometihng OTA before Jan 15th?

Let me know, and lesson learned, I'm staying on these damn forums from now on.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you can't get 4G at all I'd say you probably have a sim card problem. I know there was another guy here that couldn't get 4G and he had them swap the sim out and it worked as soon as he walked out of the store.

Maybe try just switching the sim first before trying to swap the phone out for another.

I've only lost 4G once since updating to 4.0.2 and that was in a movie theater last night where I never have a signal(even with my OG).

Spydaz

Reaction score
Hi,

I just returned my iPhone 4S for this bad boy and i must say it is one AMAZING PHONE! i myself have never had any issues you speak of but i did however have many issues wqith the 4G and 3G on my HTC Rezound to the point that i was so disgusted that i returned it!

Just to give you some info, i never use 4G because if your lucky enough to live in Suffolk County LONG ISLAND NY you will never see 4G until Cablevision releases there kung foo grip on the towers VZW needs to use for the 4G service, in other words i switched my Mobile Data Service to 3G (CDMA) only.

There are alot of issues with 4G because it still is a NEW technology expecially the 4G sims, i had a VZW rep tell me that the new MICRO SIMS are causing a few issues with certain phones, i dont know why but that is what i was told. If i were you i would get a new Nexus, you have a warranty and if your under your "14 day grace period" then you can just swap it out for a new one. Actually i was told by Verizon Corporate that if you purchase a new phone within November XX to December 30 you qualify for an extended return! Call and see.

Let me know what you do as i am curious if its just a radio issue on your phone.

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
Gonna get the sim card switched out. Ill let you know how it goes.