Should I reset data on my DROID 1?

iamjoe

Reaction score
I've had this DROID for almost one year. Things have gotten a bit slower then I remember them to be. I am non rooted, with FRG2.2D kernal 2.6.32.9-g874c292

I am running launcher pro (free). It takes a long time for my camera to launch from either button or icon. I get force close windows more then i like.

Additionally I need to install an exchange account that is in the could and when I do so it asks to reset all data. I have held off but now I am thinking that maybe I should. I've rebuilt many windows machines when issues have arisen. Does the same sort of process apply to DROID os?

If so, what steps should I take to make sure that I don't loose any of my misc data? I have backed up my apps with Astro to my SD card. Anything else?

Thanks in advance to my questions...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've had this DROID for almost one year. Things have gotten a bit slower then I remember them to be. I am non rooted, with FRG2.2D kernal 2.6.32.9-g874c292

I am running launcher pro (free). It takes a long time for my camera to launch from either button or icon. I get force close windows more then i like.

Additionally I need to install an exchange account that is in the could and when I do so it asks to reset all data. I have held off but now I am thinking that maybe I should. I've rebuilt many windows machines when issues have arisen. Does the same sort of process apply to DROID os?

If so, what steps should I take to make sure that I don't loose any of my misc data? I have backed up my apps with Astro to my SD card. Anything else?

Thanks in advance to my questions...
Backing up into Astro isn't going to help you in this situation. You will lose data and apps because it's going to wipe out Astro too.

The only thing you can do really is know that your contacts are backed up in Gmail and that your paid apps will be waiting for you in the download section of the Market. Some people get all apps back.

The only thing I suggest you do before doing a factory data reset is to first make sure that you don't have any task killers or virus protection running on your phone. Both can be resource hogs and they alone may be the source of your issues.

It's still likely that you have a single application that is causing this issue with your Droid. Be aware of what you put back in it and see if any of those are responsible. Also after you've done your reset get a cache cleaner from the Market and clean your app cache out about once a month.