Should I get Old Nexus 7 or Nexus 7 FHD

WestOkid

Reaction score
I decided to get a tablet and I am gonna go with a Nexus; Of course. The question is should I get a 32 gig Nexus7 for $199 or a 16 gig FHD for $229?

I know I can use the extra memory, but is the hardware too dated for a new purchase? Will it be laggy by the time Key lime pie rolls out? Feedback is welcomed.

Primary Uses
Netflix, YouTube, chromecast, bluetooth and airplay music streaming, reading, light gaming, Skype.

Note:I don't plan on taking pictures or shooting video with a tablet, so the rear facing camera means nothing to me.

roaddaw9

Reaction score
I can't speak for everyone, but I think the 2 GB of RAM in the new unit makes it snappier. I am happier with the additional RAM.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I think you'd be happier with the new one since it is a better screen and you'll be using Netflix. I haven't seen one in person yet, but from what I've heard it's a world of difference between the two.

OP
WestOkid

WestOkid

Reaction score
Thanks. so I got 2 saying go for the new one. I guess I was thinking the screen on the original is pretty good and the extra 16 gig outweighs the additional horsepower since I am not playing games. I guess people think the new one is a lot better. I am going to pick it up today, because I leave for vacation. Anybody have both? I would love to hear your thoughts.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If of plan on using it for watching videos and playing games I would go for the new N7. If you just wanted a companion device for reading, Web browsing and music, with minimal video and game usage then the 2012 model, (last year's model) is a better choice.

So based upon your expected usage the new model is the better choice.

Beamed From the white sun in the S4 Galaxy.

dr_jpeg

Reaction score
I thought I didn't need a rear camera when I got my og N7 but I would like to be able to scan bar and QR codes with it. If they make the new N7 hd in 32 GB you should consider it for that reason.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

OP
WestOkid

WestOkid

Reaction score
Looks like I will go with the new Nexus. Thanks for your input.