ShopSavvy App...Is it good?

bhmhrex

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used this app? Is it good and accurate, like if I was standing inside a grocery store could it tell me a better price somewhere close by?

Last edited:
Yes, it's free. Take a look at ShopSavvy Barcode Scanner ~ Android Application v3.6.6 By Big in Japan, Inc. | Shopping for more information.

Another app to get is Barcode Scanner. If you go to a site like Androlib there's a QR code. Scan that with Barcode Scanner and it can take you to the app in the Market. Another app along that line is AppsBrain. When you synch your phone with their site you can search for apps (like on Androlib), but it will also keep track of the apps you have and can install new ones from the website.

If you get shopsavy, barcode scanner isnt necessary, since shopsavy has one built in

If you get shopsavy, barcode scanner isnt necessary, since shopsavy has one built in

True, and it will work with the Androlib site, but it takes more time and steps (at least for me). Of course I'd probably use Shopsavy for shopping in the store and Barcode Scanner for searching for apps.

In any case, both apps are free and if you don't like it, you can always uninstall it.

Last edited:
One thing I do notice about shopsavy, and I've narrowed it down to this app, is that it turns on the GPS every now and then. I'm not really sure why it does this, seems unnecessary.

I work at a toy store and I use shopsavy whenever we get a new shipment of toys in to see who has the best prices. Its pretty handy. My managers hate seeing people use it though as its a nightmare for retailers when people know just how "competitive" their prices are.

tappin and a talkin

Along those lines, I went to a Borders which advertised "free" Wifi. When I used it, Shopsavvy didn't work. Actually any app that needed to go the net had a problem, but that went away when I used 3G.

Just something to know.

If you're buying a relatively expensive product, I'd use more than one app.

Just because I'm paranoid, I always use ShopSaavy, Google Shopper, and Amazon to compare prices before making a buy. They don't always show the same lowest price vendor.

Back