SholesMod 2.0.3 Help Needed

BigRedGonzo

Reaction score
I just ran the SMUpdate Utility (since it updated this morning) and updated to the SholesMod 2.0.3. I went to run Maps and it kept FCing. I went to the Sholes.info site and saw the following message concerning Maps FCing:

Update (trevorj): If you are having issues with Maps/Maps related apps FCing, do this: (make sure you are on 2.0.3 when you do this!)
1. Delete “/system/app/Maps.apk” and “/data/app/com.google.android.maps.apk” (the second one might not exist)
2. Reboot your phone
3. Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > com.google.android.maps > Uninstall
2. Market > Install Google Maps

Can anyone give me a hand doing this? I tried Astro and it says that the undelete failed. I tried to rm the file using a terminal emulator and it says that the file is read-only. Doing that last trick stretched my knowledge of Linux/Android to areas that it has never been before. Can someone lend me a hand with how to accomplish the above task? I can handle everything except the deletion of Maps.apk. All help is already appreciated.

Thanks,
BigRedGonzo

petemac85

Reaction score
i downloaded a program called root manager and it worked perfect after i followed those directions

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i downloaded a program called root manager and it worked perfect after i followed those directions

Yes, that's what you need. Or simply go back to 2.0.2 and wait for them to fix it on the next release.

Daywalker

Reaction score
Update is back up....but is it fixed?
I need my Navigation to work

Daywalker

Reaction score
Reverted to 2.0.2 phone crashes non stop if more than one app open.
Is unusable please tell me update coming.