Shipping dates!?!

woosung

Reaction score
Ok, so I went to the Verizon store yesterday to buy the droid X. Obviously it was sold out, so i ordered the phone from the store. I didn't even get a Order number so i can track it. I called today and they said that i would get the phone by the 8/4 or a "little earlier"... :( i read other post people saying that their phone was shipped today and they order yesterday! is it because i didn't order online?

garath

Reaction score
Ok, so I went to the Verizon store yesterday to buy the droid X. Obviously it was sold out, so i ordered the phone from the store. I didn't even get a Order number so i can track it. I called today and they said that i would get the phone by the 8/4 or a "little earlier"... :( i read other post people saying that their phone was shipped today and they order yesterday! is it because i didn't order online?

The ones that were shipped recently were from an earlier wave of orders.

When the first stock ran out, phones were going to ship by 7/23. Then that batch was all accounted for and the next shipment would be by 7/27. Then that batch was all accounted for and currently the next shipment is by 8/3.

See where we're going with this? :) Soon all the 8/3 phones will be pre-ordered and the next batch will be lined up. We're buying them faster than they can make them.