shell/holster combo from verizon

spydergirl

Reaction score
can anyone post pictures of this on their phone? i read somewhere that it will fit over the extended battery which i have. just wanted to see what it looked like on the phone. thanks in advance!

A member on here (jpcalhoun) posted this video demo of using the holster for his Pro. He posted later that it also fits over the extended battery and extended battery cover. I'll try to find that thread for you, but here's his video for now:

[video=youtube;QsISpdutaIg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsISpdutaIg&feature=player_embedded[/video]

spydergirl

Reaction score
Here's the discussion where jpcalhoun told me how to fit the holster around the new extended battery/cover:

Thread - http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ssories-seidio-coming-soon-3.html#post1145991

Hey Spidergirl...check this out...not sure if it what you're looking for but it works very nicely for me.

YouTube - Motorola Droid Pro Case

Thanks, JP. Does that case fit over VERIZON's extended life battery (the one that adds more bulk)? If it does, that looks like it would suit my needs just fine.

THANKS. :)

Hey Spydergirl...the sleeve does fit over the Verizon extended battery and the extended battery back cover...that is what I have. When you first slip the phone into the sleeve it will probably appear that it does not fit correctly. Let the phone sit in the sleeve for a couple of hours (preferably in a warm place). After a couple hours the sleeve will then "snap" around the phone. It is a nice tight fit...no slop. It really doesn't add much bulk to the phone and the holster is pretty thin so when the phone is in the holster it is not much more bulky than just the phone itself.

maverick17

Reaction score
so body glove case and the shell/holster combo both fit is the consensus

but the body glove case is only one piece with a detachable swivel, is that correct?

those who said they have body glove does it look/feel ok with swivel off?

T.I.A.

cahummer

Reaction score
extended battery and case

I got the black rubberized case and holster from Verizon store (not the body glove set) last week and loved it. Ordered my extended battery at the same time to get the discount on both. Battery arrived today and the case doesn't fit well at all with the extended battery cover in place. I'll try the "keep it several hours in a warm place" option if I can find a warm place. I did try warming it with a hair dryer and that didn't help. The case stays on the phone but doesn't snap all the way around and fit tightly like it did before.

Update: took the case off the phone and put it by the heater register for a couple hours. It took a little pressure and maneuvering but now it fits the phone. I'm glad I didn't give up.

OP
M

mystery252

Reaction score
but the body glove case is only one piece with a detachable swivel, is that correct?

those who said they have body glove does it look/feel ok with swivel off?

T.I.A.

Not sure about the Droid Pro Body Glove case, but my old Blackberry Body Glove came with a little piece you could put in the hole if you took the belt clip off. Laid flush and was pretty nice. I'll probably end up picking up the Body Glove for my Droid Pro soon enough. You can never have too many cases :D

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

nmalapit

Reaction score
so same thing happened to me purchased my extended battery from verizon and my black rubberized case would not fit...till i saw this threat. i put the case in the grill for a few seconds (10-20) and snapped it around my phone and not it once again fits!..i love the case and i was so sad when it wouldnt fit any more, but now it does. soo try it out if u did what i and a couple people did.dancedroid

rocket_girl

Reaction score
I have Verizon's own shell and holster AND Motorola BPX-7 extended battery. Love this case. Cracked the first one on a drop, replaced with the same thing. Had to heat first one, but when I replaced with a second one, it just snaps on without the heating step.

Noticed that replacement no longer has the funky hole just below the camera lens. This is now a solid back...even nicer this way...and easier to snap on despite (slight) added thickness of extended battery.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

LoveQwerty

Reaction score
A member on here (jpcalhoun) posted this video demo of using the holster for his Pro. He posted later that it also fits over the extended battery and extended battery cover. I'll try to find that thread for you, but here's his video for now:

YouTube - ‪Motorola Droid Pro Case‬‏

Great link, thank you !

By the way, is this actually much slimmer than the Seido, Body Glove or Otterbox cases ? It looks so from the pictures/videos I've seen, but I wonder if there's anything better/slimmer than this one.