Sharing Music Playlists?

Batman8

Reaction score
Hey does anyone know how to share playlists between devices? I've seen it done in commercials, but in real life it doesn't seem so simple. I've already tried S Beam, NFC and WiFi Direct methods with no luck. I just really want to get all of my playlists (about 50-60) from my Galaxy S3 to my Galaxy Note 2.

Any Help would be appreciated (and I'd preferably like to copy them all at one time, if possible)! Thanks.

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
So it looks like all that transfering playlists via S-Beam on the GS3 commercials was all BULL****! Not only does no one here in the forums know how to do it, but I spent over an hour on the phone yesterday with 4 VZW level 1 and level 2 tech support people who had no clue! So then I asked them to perform a 3-way call with Samsung to figure it out, and we got 2 folks from their tech support team trying to make it work for another half hour and they couldn't get it to work either which is amazing. When the makers of a device can't get things to work who do you ask next?!

So in short, I guess you just can't believe much of what you see on TV these days since false advertising it still among us.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
I aslo remember having NFC transfer issues from my Nexus to my brothers GS3.. we could transfer contact info but not music..

have not tried it with my N2 yet.

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
can you go Note 2 to Note 2, i remember reading once that GS3 to Note 2 was a no go via s-beam..

Thanks for the reply. I'm slowly finding out that the GS3 and the GN2 won't play well together with S-Beam which is ridiculous considering the similar specs and the same manufacturer. It's pretty sad when something so common like music playlists are shown being transferred with one touch on TV, but in reality it's not even possible unless using the exact same devices!

Luckily I am rooted and therefore have other options for doing this.

skennelly

Reaction score
I'm not sure, but for some reason I was thinking that in order to share a play list, you have to be using Samsung's music hub app.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Last edited:
OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
I'm not sure, but for some reason I was thinking that in order to share a play list, you have to be using Samsung's music hub app.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

I have never heard that before, but if it IS true, you would think that someone from Verizon or Samsung would know to tell me that instead of wasting over an hour of my time with absolutely NO CLUE how to do this on their own product. Now here we are days later and neither of them have gotten back to me as promised so they STILL don't know how to do it!