SGP Ultra Crystal Screen & Carbon Fiber Case

WHOisDAN

Reaction score
4817527118_d2f5889f2d_o.jpg

SGP Steinheil makes great quality screen protectors. As you can see from the picture below, the protector practically covers the entire screen from edge to edge. It's dry apply and runs for $16 shipped on ebay (don't forget to use cashback). Be careful with the squeegee provided. I managed to put light scratches when clearing out the air bubbles. The screen protector attracts more dust and it's not as easy to clean as gorilla glass. The clarity and screen response appears to be the same.

4817527270_d01d37c3da_o.jpg

The carbon fiber case can be found at your local Verizon store. It retails for $24.99 ($20.xx otd with corporate discount), which isn't exactly cheap for plastic wrapped in vinyl. With the limited amount of cases available for the Droid X, I'm pretty happy with the case until a better one comes along. IMO, the case makes the phone more comfortable to handle.

4817596660_0517b0533c_o.jpg

4817527148_7fa74cd039_b.jpg

6thgear

Reaction score
thats the best looking case imho, the only thing stopping me from purchasing it is that i plan on getting the extended battery, hopefully they have a cf case for that one! sweet pics btw

debaucher

Reaction score
I have the same case and like it a lot... not sure if it will work with the extended battery (don't think it will).
I find the case makes handling the phone much easier.
My question about the screen protector is how does it affect the clariy of the screen and how does it affect your ability to type (touch response).

D.

chops

Reaction score
real carbon fiber case for the X phone will prob cost between 50 to 100 dollars

nfj79

Reaction score
I like my carbon fiber case. The only gripe is the camera button is hard to get to.

Schimm

Reaction score
How well does it slide in and out of the pocket.....anyone try the extended battery with it. Looks real nice.

PrinceNubian

Reaction score
Thats a good look. Didn't find it in the online store.

Still debating if I want a belt clip. Usually don't like
things that size in my pocket but have been adjusting.

Any suggestions.

Schimm

Reaction score
The carbon case is at the Verizon retail stores....saw one yesterday. Just received the extended battery and unless the case is flexible, it ain't gonna fit. My glossy silicon works but it's not a perfect fit like it was before. If it doesn't stretch you're gonna be outta luck. So I'll have to pass on the carbon fiber.

goracer

Reaction score
How do you like it after using it it for a week? It seems by the pictures to add some slight bulk. Not so much on the back but the raised eges on the front may bug me.

Digidy

Reaction score
The Carbon Fiber case definitely ads some bulk to the phone, i rarely use it because of that reason. I have a 5 dollar case from Ebay that i use more often.

isldgl

Reaction score
I bought the case and I really like it. However, the only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't come off very easily. I have an extra battery that I bought to have additional battery life, but I only changed the battery once. It frustrates me that I can't take the case on and off very easily. I actually have to slide my fingernail to pry the case apart. I am afraid to use anything else in fear of scratching my phone. On the positive side...IMO...it really doesn't make it too bulky...it is still maintains its lightweight feel to it. It also looks sleek too. Slides in and out of my pant's pocket with ease...