SG3 to the Note 2 to the SG3 and back the Note 2

CuriousRaven

Reaction score
Seem to have a problem deciding between the two phones. Note 2 is a powerhouse and multitasking is awesome with it, but I seem to go back to the smaller S3 just from the sheer size and it still being a powerhouse of a phone, but the battery lacks.
Anybody else have a problem deciding between the two?

harp666

Reaction score
Yes..I did also....so I bought what I thought to be the best of both worlds..the Maxx HD...smaller than than the note..better battery life than the s3. Same operating system as both.

debrad0307

Reaction score
Yeah that's tough. If the multi tasking on the note 2 is the biggest feature for you then in would suggest putting a custom rom on your s3. I'm running synergy right now and I have the multi window that the note 2 posts. Couldn't be more happier

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
No problems for me. The S3 is a fantastic phone, but the Note 2 takes everything that's great about the S3 and makes it better. The size of the Note 2 might scare some people off, but honestly, after using it as your main device for a few days, the size starts to feel perfectly normal. When I first got it, I kept laughing about the size. But after a week, it didn't even feel like a large device. Now I'm caught a bit off guard when someone mentions the size of it, because to me, it's just normal. I could never go back to a smaller device now that I'm used to the Note 2. Plus, no other phone can compete with the features of the Note 2 right now.

But for those who really don't like the size of the Note 2, the S3 is a phenomenal alternative.

Yes..I did also....so I bought what I thought to be the best of both worlds..the Maxx HD...smaller than than the note..better battery life than the s3. Same operating system as both.

Having owned and loved the original MAXX, I was really looking forward to the MAXX HD. But for me, it was far too little too late. It was released months after the S3, but yet it had lesser specs than the S3. And a decent camera on a smartphone is a must for me now, and Motorola doesn't seem to care about their cameras too much. The Note 2 rivals the battery life that my MAXX had, and it's not too far off the battery life of the MAXX HD. That 3100mAh battery in the Note 2 is fantastic, and only slightly below the MAXX HD's 3300mAh battery. Plus - and this is huge for me - the battery is removable. There were countless times where I killed my MAXX by 4:00 in the afternoon, and I'd have to stay tied to an outlet or portable charger for a couple hours. With the Note 2 or S3, I can just pop in a fully charged spare battery and keep going.

OP
CuriousRaven

CuriousRaven

Reaction score
Thanks bsweetness I totally agree with you on every term after using the note 2 watching videos, surfing the web and everything on that beautiful display it is a great choice. I had the Maxx HD before as well and it was great phone but the camera is a year behind other phones in quality.
Yeah looks like I will be with the note 2 til maybe the s4?
Always need to feed my android phone addiction.

OP
CuriousRaven

CuriousRaven

Reaction score
[video=youtube;9nh2NSLgaII]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nh2NSLgaII[/video]

This really convinced me.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Thanks bsweetness I totally agree with you on every term after using the note 2 watching videos, surfing the web and everything on that beautiful display it is a great choice. I had the Maxx HD before as well and it was great phone but the camera is a year behind other phones in quality.
Yeah looks like I will be with the note 2 til maybe the s4?
Always need to feed my android phone addiction.

For the past few years, I've typically switched phones every 2-3 months in an attempt to feed my smartphone addiction. But the Note 2 has me completely satisfied in a way that no other phone ever has. I can't wait to find out exactly what the S4 will bring to the table, and it's definitely something I'll seriously consider if the specs are a knockout, but I really don't see myself even thinking about making a change until the Note 3 comes along. I'll give any other devices with a 5.5"+ screen that come along a good look, but I doubt anyone is going to be able to top the amount of polish and features that Samsung has in the category.