Severe Weather ALERTS

_Killer_

Reaction score
Looking for an app that actually gives you an ALERT/NOTIFICATION based on severe weather reports...

Not finding one.. I do see all the diff weather apps which obviously include severe weather alerts.. but not seeing one that actually alerts you........

Reason i'm looking for this: Last night at about 230 in the morning my dog runs through my bedroom door... (he's a big baby during storms..) so i get up and realize it's thundering a bit.. Now, i have a fan on in my room at night to block out outside noise.. well, it was doing it's job pretty well because we had some sort of warning horn blasting but it was so faint i had to turn the fan off before i realized what it was... It went off within less than a minute of me realizing it was even being sounded..

Most of you are saying "turn on your tv dummy" or "go get on the intrawebs"... thing is 1. no cable 2. only sometimes do i get a connection.. (yeah i leach.. gimme a break) so... it'd be nice for my phone (which is on my night stand next to my FACE) to blast some sort of alert... Any out there?!?!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
WeatherBug has that option...I travel quite a bit and it alerts me based on the area that I am in...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looking for an app that actually gives you an ALERT/NOTIFICATION based on severe weather reports...

Not finding one.. I do see all the diff weather apps which obviously include severe weather alerts.. but not seeing one that actually alerts you........

Reason i'm looking for this: Last night at about 230 in the morning my dog runs through my bedroom door... (he's a big baby during storms..) so i get up and realize it's thundering a bit.. Now, i have a fan on in my room at night to block out outside noise.. well, it was doing it's job pretty well because we had some sort of warning horn blasting but it was so faint i had to turn the fan off before i realized what it was... It went off within less than a minute of me realizing it was even being sounded..

Most of you are saying "turn on your tv dummy" or "go get on the intrawebs"... thing is 1. no cable 2. only sometimes do i get a connection.. (yeah i leach.. gimme a break) so... it'd be nice for my phone (which is on my night stand next to my FACE) to blast some sort of alert... Any out there?!?!

I suggest that you see if your local television stations are offering apps. Most of them in my area are, and you can get notification that way.

monkeydog

Reaction score
The weather channel app does this, if you have a widget placed somewhere. It will put an alert in the notification bar and you can set it up to have an audible tone or vibrate as well. It is also based on your location.
We have a weather radio and I get alerts through this app before my weather radio goes off.

OP
K

_Killer_

Reaction score
I suggest that you see if your local television stations are offering apps. Most of them in my area are, and you can get notification that way.

I would, but i don't know the local stations since i don't have cable/tv/dish whatever you wanna call it...

The weather channel app does this, if you have a widget placed somewhere. It will put an alert in the notification bar and you can set it up to have an audible tone or vibrate as well. It is also based on your location.
We have a weather radio and I get alerts through this app before my weather radio goes off.

great i'll try that out.. i looked into some of the weather apps.. but i couldn't find any audible alerts.. thanks!